Windows 10: Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?

Discus and support Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sometime last night I believe an update was done on my PC due to the messages I received before I stopped working on it. Now today, I can't access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Toni_228, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Toni_228 Win User

Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?

Sometime last night I believe an update was done on my PC due to the messages I received before I stopped working on it. Now today, I can't access EDGE (it opens then disappears almost immediately) and Internet Explorer appears to no longer be on my PC. I have no browsers available to me now at all. According to the update log my latest update was 10/11/18 version 1803 but not version 1809 being discussed in the other threads related to browser issues. I've tried many of the setting changes suggested in other threads and nothing has worked. I don't know what else to do now.

:)

Toni_228, Oct 12, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. KomouPoji Win User
    removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?

Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge unable to load any webpage

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand your issue with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd certainly help you to resolve the issue.

This happens, when the Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browser files are corrupted or due to incorrect settings.

Share this information to assist you better.
    • Do you receive any error code/message?

• Is there are any update pending or failed to install?

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.
    Please refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik, replied on October 21, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Edge browser.

Microsoft edge is not working properly:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...properly/d658a961-56a7-4b5c-8fa6-abf0a0a7e263

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?

1. Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC? - Similar Threads - Edge Browser working

2. Will IE Mode in edge Work After We remove Internet Explorer on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will IE Mode in edge Work After We remove Internet Explorer on PC: HiI am recently doing a project on removing IE from PC's So just checking in will IE Mode In Edge still work after all Internet Explorer features work removed from the PC. Will there still be any work around if dose not?...
  3. Will IE Mode in edge Work After We remove Internet Explorer on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will IE Mode in edge Work After We remove Internet Explorer on PC: HiI am recently doing a project on removing IE from PC's So just checking in will IE Mode In Edge still work after all Internet Explorer features work removed from the PC. Will there still be any work around if dose not?...
  4. Will IE Mode in edge Work After We remove Internet Explorer on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge: How can I Transfer favorites from Internet Explore to edge? 175754
  6. internet explorer vs edge browser netflix

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vs edge browser netflix: i just played a movie which had bitrate of 5083 on internet explorer while same has 2083 bitrate only on edge browser is there any setting fault on edge? 166217
  7. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  8. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Remove/Disable Edge Browser: Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser. Remove Edge_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedisable-edge-browser/0200f164-fa1b-4c43-b359-044d85b00ede"
  9. Update on removing Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Update on removing Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer: In 2017, we published a roadmap to remove Adobe Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer by 2020. Since that post, we announced our intent to build Microsoft Edge on the Chromium open source project. In this post, we will provide an update on what to expect for the...
  10. Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser: I somehow managed to get an infection of DNS Unlocker on my laptop. Using various products (Malware bytes McAfee etc) I have managed to eradicate it from most places (Firefox now clean etc.) but it is still, obstinately and persistently present in the Windows 10 Edge browser....