Windows 10: Edge Browser occasional flickering

Discus and support Edge Browser occasional flickering in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings! I'm currently battling an issue with the Edge Browser ( 40.15063.0.0 ) on my Surface Book with Performance Base. Here's a video clip... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Durahl, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Durahl Win User

Edge Browser occasional flickering

Greetings!

I'm currently battling an issue with the Edge Browser ( 40.15063.0.0 ) on my Surface Book with Performance Base.

Here's a video clip of the flickering recorded with the built-in Windows Game Recorder:
    [youtube]yV92HBE3zFo[/youtube]
    I'm usually running some Extensions ( uBlock Origin, Grammarly & Mouse Gestures ) but even after disabling/uninstalling them the problem persists on affected websites - It even affects the same area of the site after restarting the Browser or the entire PC.
    I also gave installing the newest nVidia drivers a try after suspecting them being the culprit but nope.

Strangely enough, this problem doesn't appear to be an issue with my other ( desktop ) PCs despite Sync between them being enabled.

Any ideas what might cause this, and/or how to solve it?

Also, is there a way to "reinstall" the Edge Explorer without resetting the whole Windows Installation in an attempt to fix such an issues?

:)

Durahl, Oct 7, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge flickering while no other Browers do.

Recently, after upgrading Microsoft edge began flickering. I deleted Microsoft edge, but could not get it reinstalled. because powershell failed to execute the command. So, I performed a repair upgrade and got it back but it is still flickering. The Chrome
    browser works perfectly, but I need to go back to my edge.

ElvisFrederick, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 (Build 10240) Screen Flickering

Hi

I had a problem with flickering screens and found this to be related to the integrated web browser EDGE. After installing Firefox, I no longer get the screen flickering as long as i dont open edge.

I have a high res dual screen setup (2560x1440) and AMD 290X.

Simonsen IT, Oct 7, 2017
  4. Edge Browser occasional flickering

Make sure to install all available Windows updates.
    Use Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) to update installed applications.

If you are having any of the problems like below with Microsoft Edge, then resetting Microsoft Edge settings to default and reinstalling Microsoft Edge may help.

• Microsoft Edge doesn't not open when you click/tap on it's icon
    • Microsoft Edge is missing from the Start menu
    • Microsoft Edge is not listed in default apps.
    • Microsoft Edge opens and then closes immediately.

When you reset Microsoft Edge, it will also delete all of your favorites in Microsoft Edge.

If wanted, you should back up your favorites in Microsoft Edge first.

Edge Browser occasional flickering [​IMG]

1. Open Windows PowerShell by pressing the
    + S keys to open Search.

2. Type powershell into search box.

3. Right click the Windows PowerShell in the search results and select Run as administrator.

4. Execute following command:

Code: remove-item $env:localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\* -recurse -Force[/quote]

5. Execute following command:

Code: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}[/quote]

6. Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Oct 7, 2017
  5. Durahl Win User
    Thanks for the reply!

The issue appears to have been solved by/while upgrading from the stock version to the Fall Creators Update 1709 before I could give your suggestions a try.

=)

Durahl, Oct 7, 2017
  6. We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser occasional flickering

1. Edge Browser occasional flickering - Similar Threads - Edge Browser occasional

2. Edge Flickering - Browser & System Updated - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Flickering - Browser & System Updated - Windows 11: Hello - I'm working on a Victus laptop with Windows 11 - The Edge application flickers every couple of minutes. At first, I thought it was an issue with the laptop display, but the computer is less than a year old and no other applications flicker. Edge and my computer...
  3. Edge Flickering - Browser & System Updated - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Flickering - Browser & System Updated - Windows 11: Hello - I'm working on a Victus laptop with Windows 11 - The Edge application flickers every couple of minutes. At first, I thought it was an issue with the laptop display, but the computer is less than a year old and no other applications flicker. Edge and my computer...
  4. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  5. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  6. Browser Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser Screen Flickering: So, i have this strange problem that i dont know how to fix it. The problem is like this -I open a browser i try on chrome and edge, if i only use the browser, it wont flicker - i open a browser, and then i use discord or any app that isn't in a fullscreen then i minimized...
  7. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  8. Laptop Screen Occasionally Flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Screen Occasionally Flickering: Dear MSCS I my laptop has all of a sudden started to flicker. I thought it was just in the browser, but not to long ago noticed included was the task bar. It seemed quite violent when displayed. Could you please help me with this issue....
  9. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lines flickering edge browser

2. web page flickering in edge but firefox ok normal