Windows 10: Edge Browser occasional flickering

Discus and support Edge Browser occasional flickering in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings! I'm currently battling an issue with the Edge Browser ( 40.15063.0.0 ) on my Surface Book with Performance Base. Here's a video clip... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Durahl, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Durahl Win User

Edge Browser occasional flickering

Greetings!

I'm currently battling an issue with the Edge Browser ( 40.15063.0.0 ) on my Surface Book with Performance Base.

Here's a video clip of the flickering recorded with the built-in Windows Game Recorder:
    [youtube]yV92HBE3zFo[/youtube]
    I'm usually running some Extensions ( uBlock Origin, Grammarly & Mouse Gestures ) but even after disabling/uninstalling them the problem persists on affected websites - It even affects the same area of the site after restarting the Browser or the entire PC.
    I also gave installing the newest nVidia drivers a try after suspecting them being the culprit but nope.

Strangely enough, this problem doesn't appear to be an issue with my other ( desktop ) PCs despite Sync between them being enabled.

Any ideas what might cause this, and/or how to solve it?

Also, is there a way to "reinstall" the Edge Explorer without resetting the whole Windows Installation in an attempt to fix such an issues?

:)

Durahl, Oct 7, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge flickering while no other Browers do.

Recently, after upgrading Microsoft edge began flickering. I deleted Microsoft edge, but could not get it reinstalled. because powershell failed to execute the command. So, I performed a repair upgrade and got it back but it is still flickering. The Chrome
    browser works perfectly, but I need to go back to my edge.

ElvisFrederick, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 (Build 10240) Screen Flickering

Hi

I had a problem with flickering screens and found this to be related to the integrated web browser EDGE. After installing Firefox, I no longer get the screen flickering as long as i dont open edge.

I have a high res dual screen setup (2560x1440) and AMD 290X.

Simonsen IT, Oct 7, 2017
  4. Edge Browser occasional flickering

Make sure to install all available Windows updates.
    Use Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) to update installed applications.

If you are having any of the problems like below with Microsoft Edge, then resetting Microsoft Edge settings to default and reinstalling Microsoft Edge may help.

• Microsoft Edge doesn't not open when you click/tap on it's icon
    • Microsoft Edge is missing from the Start menu
    • Microsoft Edge is not listed in default apps.
    • Microsoft Edge opens and then closes immediately.

When you reset Microsoft Edge, it will also delete all of your favorites in Microsoft Edge.

If wanted, you should back up your favorites in Microsoft Edge first.

Edge Browser occasional flickering [​IMG]

1. Open Windows PowerShell by pressing the
    + S keys to open Search.

2. Type powershell into search box.

3. Right click the Windows PowerShell in the search results and select Run as administrator.

4. Execute following command:

Code: remove-item $env:localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\* -recurse -Force[/quote]

5. Execute following command:

Code: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}[/quote]

6. Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Oct 7, 2017
  5. Durahl Win User
    Thanks for the reply!

The issue appears to have been solved by/while upgrading from the stock version to the Fall Creators Update 1709 before I could give your suggestions a try.

=)

Durahl, Oct 7, 2017
  6. We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser occasional flickering

1. Edge Browser occasional flickering - Similar Threads - Edge Browser occasional

2. Why has browser opened occasionally after startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has browser opened occasionally after startup?: This has happened 3 times in the last 10 days: I turn the computer on, and get the usual screen showing my desktop. Then, about 10 minutes later (without having done anything on the computer), the browser I use (Firefox) is open to my homepage. I have performed Malware...
  3. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...
  4. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: Favorites button in edge loads fine sometimes, other times it's gone; other browsers favorites button loads fine everytime? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/edge-browser/ad304963-4494-4c5a-8ded-176d57b50e5b
  5. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I see that Edge has the ability to store login and passwords you use to log into web sites. My question is how well protected are those login and passwords in Edge? Encrypted? Wondering before I start using this service. I would love to get rid of LastPass Premium and all the...
  6. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  7. No Browser but Edge Will Connect

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser but Edge Will Connect: Our problem is eerily similar to the one posted by grandpa1948 Edge browser owns my laptop. I didn't want to piggyback onto his thread, and from reading his thread, he didn't seem to achieve any resolution. This is a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5153. It has Firefox, IE11 and...
  8. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book (social) Outlook.com (mail) Youtube (Entertainment) Google (Browser) Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar, They...
  9. browser in history of edge

in Browsers and Email
    browser in history of edge: hi In e11 we can browser in the history. Is there a possebility to do that in edge 26925
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lines flickering edge browser

2. web page flickering in edge but firefox ok normal