Windows 10: edge browser/open action center do not open

Discus and support edge browser/open action center do not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded New CorelDraw X3 Graphic.CDR from the internet yesterday. On installing the software, my edge browser/open action center and such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OlayinkaElutade, Jan 8, 2019.

1. edge browser/open action center do not open

I downloaded New CorelDraw X3 Graphic.CDR from the internet yesterday.

On installing the software, my edge browser/open action center and such peculiar features of windows 10 do not open at a click.

what can I do to restore to normal functions?

:)

OlayinkaElutade, Jan 8, 2019

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Windows Start, Cortana, Action center not opening

WIndows 10 ver 1803.

When I click on Start, the pointer circles for a few seconds but doesn't open.

Same issue with Cortana and Action center.

Even the Edge browser & Windows Defender closes automatically.

rohithprakash, Jan 8, 2019
  4. edge browser/open action center do not open

(windows 10)___settings will not open/ microsoft edge will not open to get suggestions from help center/ actions center will not open/ mouse left click is acting as a right click/

start menu wouldnt open/ taskbar was frozen (only thing the taskbar would let me do is right click. only thing windows start menu would do is highlight the icon and not open at all). i ended windows explorer task in the task manager to get them to work.
    the taskbar is working now but the action center isnt opening where i get my notifications but i still see how many notifications there are, i just cant open them. the start menu opens now and i can see the pinned start icons but the settings button will not
    open. the "get help" icon opens but all suggestions are trying to open with microsoft edge, which also wont open. im not even sure if i have it anymore. the mouse and/or touching the screen is acting as a right click anytime i click on something other than
    a browser page. i just want to get to my settings and i can hopefully figure out how to fix all the other problems.

***(settings will not open/microsoft "get help" assistant is attempting to open help suggestions in microsoft edge, which will also not open in order to open suggestions on a solution to the settings not opening)

***(windows 10)___settings will not open/ microsoft edge will not open/ actions center will not open/ mouse left click is acting as a right click)

***i tried windows logo+r and the run dialog box opened. typed ms-settings: to open settings. box showed up saying ms-settings- package could not be registered (if that helps)

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

AndreaRobinson_22, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

edge browser/open action center do not open

1. edge browser/open action center do not open - Similar Threads - edge browser open

2. Edge Browser Opening Web Pages Off Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Opening Web Pages Off Center: My Edge browser has started opening web pages, including my Home Page, slightly off center at times. Actually, pretty often. This is new. I read where I'm supposed to right click on the minimize button and then select Move. But when I right click on the minimize button...
  3. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  4. Action center doesn't open

Action center doesn't open: My PC works fine except for my action center, which has refused to open for 2 months now. This means I don't get notifications of any kind. Everything else works, but the action center, once clicked, opens briefly, stays grey and empty for two seconds (without showing icons...
  5. Action Center Won't Open

Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  6. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  7. Action center is not opening.

Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  8. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  9. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...