Windows 10: Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting

Discus and support Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've discovered one useful feature of Edge is the ability to cast video to my Sony TV. However, the playback is sometimes jerky. Is there a way... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting

I've discovered one useful feature of Edge is the ability to cast video to my Sony TV. However, the playback is sometimes jerky. Is there a way optimising the playback settings when casting videos via Edge?

:)

Steve C, Jan 21, 2016
  2. mlg63 Win User
    mlg63, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Alexldsuk Win User
    How do I get my Chromecast device working with Edge ?

YES it IS possible to use Chromecast with Edge

This is a kludge - but it works

OPEN the Chrome browser and start casting to screen.

CLOSE the Chrome browser

OPEN the Edge browser

Casting to screen continues as normal even though the Chrome Browser is closed.

(Chrome browser is closed or as good as -cos it sure aint on the taskbar)

Alexldsuk, Jan 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi Steve,

I also like this feature and use it to cast video, pictures and music from my study to another room via the WiFi network. Jerky playback has sometimes occurred if I am accessing the media from the internet on my PC and simultaneously sending it via the WiFi to another room but I have usually put this down to a poor internet connection which can struggle a bit in the evenings where I am. If your internet connection is good then I would check that nothing is interfering with the internal WiFi signal such as interference from electrical equipment in proximity to either the router and/or the Miracast or DLNA device you are casting too. Simply try turning things off to see if it makes any difference. I once found an LED lighting system I was trying out was emitting RF interference which kept cutting out the WiFi network (I only mention this as an example to get you thinking).

philc43, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Optimise

2. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.: A heads up to anyone getting frustrated with Edge Browser not casting media to devices...I recently encountered the issue of suddenly not being able to 'Cast Media To Devices' and no devices being detected via Edge Browser; yet, Windows 10\11 still detects devices in...
  3. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.: A heads up to anyone getting frustrated with Edge Browser not casting media to devices...I recently encountered the issue of suddenly not being able to 'Cast Media To Devices' and no devices being detected via Edge Browser; yet, Windows 10\11 still detects devices in...
  4. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Media Player - Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player - Cast to Device: New problem. When I 'Cast to Device' an entire album, previously used to play all tracks, but now only plays one track, then I need to manually hit the play button in the 'Cast to Device Window' to move to the next track. I want the whole album to play automatically....
  6. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser: I only have edge browser on my laptops and recently updated to the new chromium version which I think is really good however each time I re-start my laptops it reverts back to the old edge as my default browser, which I can't understand as I have it set as default but always...
  7. Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is the go-to web browser for Windows 10 users. Now, one of the cool things we like about Edge is its ability to […] This article Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Casting With Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Casting With Edge Chromium: Installed the new Edge Chromium the other day and was wondering, is it not possible to cast to a Chromecast yet? I have tried many times and it cannot find any of my devices as to where Chrome finds them all. Thanks in advance. 149431
  9. Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media: Since upgrading to the Creators Update version 1703, build 15063.13 Edge can no longer cast media to a device. The option is still there, but it just searches endlessly for a device without finding one. Even typing the name of the device into the Search box says 'it looks as...
  10. Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Starting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge optimise casting