Windows 10: Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

Discus and support Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning,On the Edge browser, there are quick link tiles at the bottom of the page quick links to favorite websites. I am able to edit, remove and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kala Sha Jahan, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

Good morning,On the Edge browser, there are quick link tiles at the bottom of the page quick links to favorite websites. I am able to edit, remove and new tiles. After removing the unwanted tiles, I restart the browser, and the default tiles are automatically added back. Is there anyway to remove the tiles and have just the ones that I want to keep?This issue started about a week ago where the default tiles just keep coming back...I have my browser settings to Custom - Show quick links on - Image of the day - Content off. I have inserted two pictures of what happens

:)

Kala Sha Jahan, Jun 25, 2021

2. Edge browser direct links

My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file (Enable_Preload_Start_and_New_Tab_page_in_Microsoft_Edge), which worked for 5 or 6 times as a direct link to open the website then reverted back to having to enter email & password to access my favorite sites again. I’ve been using Edge browser for almost a year now without any issues. Does anyone have a suggestion of what it may be?
    I also use IE Bing as a backup to Edge which I'm using now.

oldyeller38, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 25, 2021
  4. m1xed0s Win User

Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge...

I frequestly launch applications using links via Edge, for example WebEx. Edge would prompt me "This site is trying to open Webex" and I do check the "Always allow" checkbox as well. Under the Edge setting->Cookies and Site permissions -> Application links, the site is properly listed. Screenshots below.

Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links [​IMG]

Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links [​IMG]
    However, this saved application link would be removed after Edge is closed and reopened...I do set to not remove Site permissions when closing the Edge...So how would I make the save "Application Links" survive browser restart? Any suggestions?Latest stable version of the Edge on latest Windows 10 Ent 64bit.

m1xed0s, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

1. Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Quick

2. Weird Quick Links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Quick Links: On Microsoft Edge, it automatically adds quick links. But it's not normal. Every time I refresh it adds like 10+ more quick links to the bar, and it doesn't stop. The quick links seem to date back to 2 years ago. And every time I open a new tab, it shows 3 websites and my...
  3. Weird Quick Links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Quick Links: On Microsoft Edge, it automatically adds quick links. But it's not normal. Every time I refresh it adds like 10+ more quick links to the bar, and it doesn't stop. The quick links seem to date back to 2 years ago. And every time I open a new tab, it shows 3 websites and my...
  4. Weird Quick Links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  6. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  7. QUICK LINK BOXES

in Windows 10 Customization
    QUICK LINK BOXES: HOW DO I REORDER THE BOXES? I DID IT BEFORE, BUT CANNOT REMEMBER, NOW. I SEE NOWHERE TO EDIT THEM. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-link-boxes/3d5bb0db-793a-41d9-8916-5a1bf764ffd8
  8. How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge: [ATTACH]If you are using the Edge browser and you want to add, remove or manage Quick Links on the New Tab page in Edge, then […] This article How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Link re update via Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link re update via Edge browser: is this a valid link ? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-re-update-via-edge-browser/dc2581e1-65e7-4a1c-b226-d97da7b30aad
  10. Edge browser direct links

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser direct links: My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file (Enable_Preload_Start_and_New_Tab_page_in_Microsoft_Edge), which worked for 5 or 6 times as a direct link to open the website then reverted back to having...