Windows 10: Edge browser security alert - frozen screen

Discus and support Edge browser security alert - frozen screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do we get rid of an interest security alert recording that comes up with our Edge Browser and it can not be closed?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AliceMcKenzie, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Edge browser security alert - frozen screen

How do we get rid of an interest security alert recording that comes up with our Edge Browser and it can not be closed?

:)

AliceMcKenzie, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

EDGE Browser issue with secured login (HTTPS)

Hi Ram,

It is possible that the issue is due to compatibility or the browser components causing this matter to occur. We
    suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
    and check if there are any changes. To reset these browsers, refer and follow these links and guide:

Edge:

Kindly refer to this
    link from TechNet.

Internet Explorer 11:

To reset Internet
    Explorer 11, follow these steps:

• On the upper-right corner, click the
      Gear icon
      beside the
      Smiley icon.

• Choose
      Internet Options.

• Under
      Advanced
      tab, click on
      Reset.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Virus alert from microsoft edge

Hello jodemo,

The alert you received about virus is a common scam. We suggest that you close Microsoft Edge immediately. Make sure not to restore the sessions when you reopen Microsoft Edge.

In addition, we highly recommend you to follow the steps provided by Bruce Hagen MVP on this
    thread link.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 13, 2018
  4. loangirl1 Win User

Edge browser security alert - frozen screen

Edge Browser frozen with Computerdisinfector.com

Lauched Edge and it froze with a screen telling me to call Mircrosoft at 877-671-3431 to unlock my computer.

I did not call and no matter what I do, I cannot get it off my computer. Restarting does not help. Ran the Microsoft safety tool, said not infected. Ran Windows Defender, says not infected, ran Malwarebytes and superspy nothing picks it up and Edge browser
    and tabs are frozen...Can someone please help me with this?

loangirl1, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Edge browser security alert - frozen screen

1. Edge browser security alert - frozen screen - Similar Threads - Edge browser security

2. security alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  3. Laptop Security Screen Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Security Screen Frozen: My laptop security screen is frozen with a picture of a mountain and lake. There seems to have been an update but my laptop is now totally frozen and I can't access anything. What is going on - has there been an overnight update which has caused the problem?...
  4. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  5. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  6. Microsoft Edge security alert

Microsoft Edge security alert: I have a pop up alert from Microsoft Edge telling me to ring a particular phone number, i know it is a scam but want to know how to remove it, do i just do a hard shutdown?...
  7. Edge screen frozen

Edge screen frozen: Got message that I need to sign in to have Microsoft "update security" Looks very phony. Edge screen is frozen and I cannot delete. However, I can use Chrome to browse. Seems only Edge is affected. Should I delete Edge and redownload? If so how would I do that?...
  8. Security Alert on screen with noise

Security Alert on screen with noise: Screen suddenly changed and voice announced my IP address was being used illegally, and the Windows 10 was blocked. Also, an alarm began sounding. I turned off the computer and restarted it twice. The start up seemed slow and odd. Is this alert valid?...
  9. Frozen Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Browser: Yesterday's Windows update (called "October" but yesterday was Jan 21 2019!) causes my browser to freeze sporadically. When this happens the only way to shut it down is to end task. Please tell me if you have a fix coming, otherwise how to fix this myself. Some websites I...
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451