Windows 10: Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating.

Discus and support Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated and now Edge is gone. I input various info into the search box, but nothing happens. I tried using the Desktop icon, still nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elda M., Oct 24, 2018.

1. Elda M. Win User

Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating.

My computer updated and now Edge is gone. I input various info into the search box, but nothing happens. I tried using the Desktop icon, still nothing comes up anywhere. Chrome is working fine, but I use both. What to do?

FYI, I did not get directed to windows support community via Edge on this screenshot. I just used this as an example. I used Chrome to get to this site.

Screenshot below

Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating. a04d0e82-8a2f-4a92-8415-9d18df2fee38?upload=true.png

:)

Elda M., Oct 24, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

http://betanews.com/2016/03/31/microsoft-edge-ad-blocking/

P4-630, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Goedtimes Win User

Microsoft Edge browser quit working after updating software yesterday.

Yesterday the Windows 10 software updated. After the update, my Microsoft Edge browser no longer works. It shows up in my bottom ribbon but clicking on the icon results in only a brief appearance. Attempting to type or tap any option causes Edge to disappear.

I am now using my Google browser which is mysteriously unaffected. I have tried to follow instructions offered by Microsoft's online virtual assistant but noticed that Edge is not listed under my apps so I can't follow instructions.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Goedtimes, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating. - Similar Threads - Edge browser seems

2. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared: For about a week now I've been having issues with my laptop bluescreen-ing so I decided to try troubleshoot it. Eventually I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows to see if that could solve the issue it didn't. Not too long after the reinstall, my windows security app...
  3. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared: For about a week now I've been having issues with my laptop bluescreen-ing so I decided to try troubleshoot it. Eventually I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows to see if that could solve the issue it didn't. Not too long after the reinstall, my windows security app...
  4. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  6. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  7. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.: I had MS Edge top sites set to open when I click on the icon in my taskbar which had direct links to 10 sites I visit the most. Since the last update about 2 weeks ago, Edge opens on a blank page. I've tried just about everything I have been able to find on the net, yet to of...
  9. Arial Nova and Abadi fonts seem to have disappeared after a recent update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Arial Nova and Abadi fonts seem to have disappeared after a recent update.: How do I get Arial Nova and Abadi back? Why have they been taken away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arial-nova-and-abadi-fonts-seem-to-have/75d0bcaa-8a86-4404-b65e-7a10e4e0a420
  10. Photos disappeared after I changed from Chrome to Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos disappeared after I changed from Chrome to Edge browser: Any idea how to locate my photos in Windows 10? I have gone to the Photos list and looked for the folders , but only find an empty folder with Camera Roll and another empty folder of Favorites. I have hundreds of photos in my laptop in folders by date. I had no problem...