Windows 10: Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot

Discus and support Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Why does my edge browser show my previous browsing history upon rebooting my pc. Whatever tabs I had open, open again on reboot.How do I prevent this,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Heshie75v, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Heshie75v Win User

Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot

Why does my edge browser show my previous browsing history upon rebooting my pc. Whatever tabs I had open, open again on reboot.How do I prevent this, quite annoying and definitely not safe.Thanks

:)

Heshie75v, Oct 31, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 31, 2018
  3. BMuse Win User
    Edge does not integrate with the Taskbar for spawning new browser sessions

Hi,

Question:

It looks like spawning new browser sessions are not possible in 10 using the old IE windows key combination, win-shift and then the positional number on the taskbar for Edge/browser. The only option I see for a new browser session in 10 is when the focus
    is on the browser and then hitting CNTRL-n to spawn a new session. Edge looks like it is not backward compatable for this feature to me.

Edge version: 20.10240.16384.0

BMuse, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Henrycp1 Win User

Edge restore Session

I have Edge set to restore my session which has worked fine until today. I was trying to resolve an issue in an application and asked to go to their support site. They opened up edge and it didn't restore my previous session. Now I have a whole bunch of
    sites that I've lost contact with and it appears edge doesn't provide an alternative to restore my session without trying to figure it out from my history. Duh!! Why do companies think removing features is a benefit????

I found this, so I expect my situation is hopeless.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform that Edge does restore the previous session after a crash by itself when opened after the system restarts but if that fails then there is no option to restore the previous session. I suggest you to provide a Feedback using the Feedback
    App which will help the developers to release improved options in the future builds of Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Henrycp1, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Shows

2. Browsers Crashing Upon Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers Crashing Upon Startup: Hi there, I got a really weird issue and wondering if anyone has a solution. If you'd be willing to help, that'd be greatly appreciated.So, I got a bit of a weird issue. I'm currently running Windows 11 on my 14" LG Gram, but the problem started when I was running Windows 10....
  3. All browsers except for edge closing upon launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers except for edge closing upon launch: Hi everyone I recently built a pc, and everything seems to be working fine on it, except for the fact that all the browsers I try to install on it will crash/close immediately after opening. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or any possible fixes? Thank you :)...
  4. Auto relaunch of previous session at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto relaunch of previous session at startup: 08/16/20 Overnight my pc rebooted; no updates occurred. On startup, everything that was open re-launched slow-w-w-w-ly, of course. 1 Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Scroll down to Privacy > Toggle off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my...
  5. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session: version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not...
  6. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session: version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not...
  7. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...
  8. Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?: I'm having problems with these two browsers and I'm reinstalling Windows anyway and I need to get my tabs from them (neither is working right now, so I can't get into the browsers). Does anyone know where they store their session/tab data?
  9. Restore Previous session , not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Previous session , not detected: Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge does not detect...
  10. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge: I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the...