Windows 10: EDGE Browser "Start" screen has old News articles/links.

Discus and support EDGE Browser "Start" screen has old News articles/links. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Starting about 8/10 days ago, when I open my EDGE Browser, the "Start" screen is not opening with the current news articles as it used to before. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roy_RF, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Roy_RF Win User

EDGE Browser "Start" screen has old News articles/links.

Starting about 8/10 days ago, when I open my EDGE Browser, the "Start" screen is not opening with the current news articles as it used to before. I have to hit the "refresh" icon to get the current news article links. Is this a Microsoft problem that needs to be fixed OR do I need to do something to fix this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

:)

Roy_RF, Feb 2, 2019

2. how to change from old windows browser to Microsoft edge on start screen

When I click on any of my icons on the start screen opens up in my old windows browser instead of the new Microsoft Edge browser. How do I change from the old browser to the new one. I do have Microsoft Edge as my default browser but it doesn't seem to
    work for the start screen icons.

MurrayFallen, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Edge start screen

Hi Hobo,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Select Top sites and suggested content from the Open new tabs with drop down menu.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if you are able to open new tabs with the suggested sites.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. EDGE Browser "Start" screen has old News articles/links. - Similar Threads - EDGE Browser Start

2. Microsoft start news articles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft start news articles: Reading an article on your site is frustrating when for no reason whatsoever the page switches to another unrelated story and you can't simply go back or find the article you were interrupted reading ever again! If it happened once or twice, fine, whatever, but you can expect...
  3. Microsoft start news articles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft start news articles: Reading an article on your site is frustrating when for no reason whatsoever the page switches to another unrelated story and you can't simply go back or find the article you were interrupted reading ever again! If it happened once or twice, fine, whatever, but you can expect...
  4. Microsoft start news articles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Forwarding news articles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forwarding news articles: how do i send a news article by email when the draft form doesn't appear after clicking on the email Icon associated with the article? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forwarding-news-articles/03e7fe04-6304-46c6-9b15-675802319bca
  6. How email a news article to auto include existing subject and link

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How email a news article to auto include existing subject and link: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 In my old Win7 with Outlook 2016, to email a particular news article to someone, I just: Right click anywhere in the article > Share Link Via Email > Send Page vie Email and the email form would pop up with Both the Subject line and...
  7. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....
  8. Edge browser direct links

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser direct links: My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file (Enable_Preload_Start_and_New_Tab_page_in_Microsoft_Edge), which worked for 5 or 6 times as a direct link to open the website then reverted back to having...
  9. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That would...
  10. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Blank Old Telephone BLANK SCREEN DOES NOT SHOW NAME

2. edge opens with old news