Windows 10: Edge Browser

Discus and support Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tully, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Tully Win User

Edge Browser

How do I download & install the Edge Browser?

:)

Tully, Apr 30, 2015
  2. techcoor Win User

Why does home page somes up in secure mode?

The Edge browser home page is set to http://www.bing.com. However, when Edge browser is open the address is Bing. Why does not Edge browser open with the page in the settings?

techcoor, Apr 30, 2015
  3. edge browser will only connect via vpn

I have Mozilla, explorer and edge browsers. Edge browser will
    only connect via my vpn (astril). The other browsers will connect with vpn on or off, how can I get Edge to connect with vpn off?

JefesitoHK, Apr 30, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Edge Browser

It comes built-in. Look for Project Spartan. It's the same.

EDIT
    It's still in-progress though. Most of the time it will just freeze and become unresponsive.

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  5. strollin Win User
    I've yet to have the Spartan/Edge browser freeze or become unresponsive in the times I've used it. Approximately how long do you use it before that happens?

strollin, Apr 30, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    I normally test it right after a clean install. It is ok with normal browsing. But when you start using it's features like the "Annotate", that's when things start freezing. Attaching files is another cause of freezing.

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  7. Tully Win User
    I have always been a MS program tester for Microsoft & know EXACTLY what I am doing!

I asked how to download it, not your comment about how bad it is, that is for me to determine during my using it!

I was in computers before you were born, unless you are over 85!

I still would like an answer on how do I use get & use the edge Browser!

That Old Fart

Tully, Apr 30, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Edge Browser

Relax.
    I told you it's the Project Spartan that comes with the OS. You don't download it separately. It's built-in. I am just giving you a heads up of what to expect.

There are still no personal computers when I was born or 85 years ago. The first PC was introduced in 1975.

Edge Browser [​IMG]

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  9. Tully Win User
    THAT ICON is not on my screen!

If I had listened to every naysayer I would be dead now!

Tully, Apr 30, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    I see. If you are still on older build type "Project Spartan" on search bar and it should come up. Unless your Win 10 is really screwed up then I would recommend a clean install with the latest build 10074 which is now available on Insider site : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    You will get more help and answers by toning your replies down some. He is helping you*Wink

12. Tully Win User
    But he didn't!

What would you do if someone said to you

She's Ok but I wouldn't marry her!

Tully, Apr 30, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

Edge Browser

On my first reply to you, I said it's "built-in". Meaning it comes with the OS. And the name "Edge" just came out a couple of days ago. You won't find it anywhere. It's still called "Project Spartan" up to the latest build (10074).

"Thank you" would be nice for my effort. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  14. @Tully to clarify what Badrobot is trying to convey more precisely you need to click on the "All Apps" icon then scroll down to the "Project Spartan" icon, Right click on the Spartan icon which will give you the option to pin to Start or Taskbar. (Both are on LH side of Start Menu & pictured below)

Edge Browser [​IMG]

Edge Browser [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Apr 30, 2015
  15. cbwilsha Win User
    Tully, you do need to cool it. badrobot gave you a perfectly legitimate and accurate answer to your question . Incidentally, you might remember me from a few weeks ago. If so, you may recall I'm almost 87 so I'm giving you some fatherly advice. *Cool I meant to tell you then that, although my current last name is Shahan, I'm told that it was originally Shahaunessy (spelling?) when my ancestors emigrated from Ireland.

cbwilsha, Apr 30, 2015
Thema:

Edge Browser

1. Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Edge Browser

2. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  3. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  4. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  5. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  6. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  7. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  8. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  9. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  10. Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune

Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune: My organization wants to deploy Kiosk computers that will be available to the public in our waiting rooms, but since the public will be using these computers, we ideally want to use a Kiosk profile so that they are basically only able to browse the web. That being said, we...