Windows 10: Edge Browser

Discus and support Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hTconeM9user, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Edge Browser

I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11.
    I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like
    Face Book (social)
    Outlook.com (mail)
    Youtube (Entertainment)
    Google (Browser)

Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar,
    They show up on your home menu found at top of page like msn, or bing once there all you have to do is click on the one you want and it will take you straight to the page you want.
    Thought it might help some members.

If posted in wrong section can you please move it,

:)

hTconeM9user, Sep 17, 2015
  2. techcoor Win User

Why does home page somes up in secure mode?

The Edge browser home page is set to http://www.bing.com. However, when Edge browser is open the address is https://www.bing.com. Why does not Edge browser open with the page in the settings?

techcoor, Sep 17, 2015
  3. edge browser will only connect via vpn

I have Mozilla, explorer and edge browsers. Edge browser will
    only connect via my vpn (astril). The other browsers will connect with vpn on or off, how can I get Edge to connect with vpn off?

JefesitoHK, Sep 17, 2015
  4. lcdabest Win User

Edge Browser

Dude, thanks so much I will have to use that!

lcdabest, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Glad to be able to help I can tell you it is quick

6. XweAponX Win User
    No Way, you done right, here, have a rep point!

Thanx a bunch!

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Thanks You as long as it helps that is all that matters

8. Edge Browser

I can confirm that by doing the above it took me the click of the mouse to get straight into the page you want and put up in the favourites Bar.
    Also on another forum I posted this someone came back you need IE11 to make things works well I have not had IE11 for nearly a week now and I can honestly say to me IE11 is dead, and Edge does not need it to work, it is nice to go to a page and not have the popup sorry but Internet Explorer needs to close then wait for it to reload the page and get back onto it again.
    Will keep members up to date if I run into any trouble and how I fixed it.

9. .
    Update after doing the above here is an update.
    After shutting down which is quick because with no 1E11 does not hangs.
    Now onto start up time this is the time from pushing the on button to getting onto any site I want.
    The time taken is 1min to load Toshiba OS and including signing in with password to fully up and running is 1 min 30 seconds I have timed it with a stop watch and phone clock =2 mins 30 second
    With IE11 used to be 5-6 mins.
    So no hang ups and no waiting for IE11 to kick in and say sorry Internet Explorer closing.
    So for me windows 10x64 home and Edge Browser a lot quicker.
    Well done to all those that tested it and to Blink for starting this forum.

hTconeM9user, Sep 18, 2015
  10. Since posting the above and new updates both for windows 10 and laptop the start up time is now even faster at just over 1 minute
    On laptop all latest drivers are now installed (updated ) yesterday after the latest up date from windows 10 and new Office 365 and 2016.
    So thought it was fast before now just has time to put in password then straight onto desk top ready to go.
    Edge Browser still working as good as gold now that IE11 has gone.

hTconeM9user, Sep 22, 2015
  11. Fisherman Win User
    OP Wrote:
    Right click where?

Cheers

Fisherman, Oct 31, 2015
  12. Hey everyone I was just wondering if it was just me but when I use the edge browser it continues to do the loading circle and you go to scroll down the webpage and it scrolls up on its own. its been doing this to me with quite a few different webpages and what not its kinda annoying. I will be reporting this issue to Microsoft but I wanted to ask others on this issue. thank you

sean051490, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser

1. Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Edge Browser

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  7. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  8. Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune: My organization wants to deploy Kiosk computers that will be available to the public in our waiting rooms, but since the public will be using these computers, we ideally want to use a Kiosk profile so that they are basically only able to browse the web. That being said, we...
  9. Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune

Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune: My organization wants to deploy Kiosk computers that will be available to the public in our waiting rooms, but since the public will be using these computers, we ideally want to use a Kiosk profile so that they are basically only able to browse the web. That being said, we...
  10. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...