Windows 10: Edge Browser

Discus and support Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I see that Edge has the ability to store login and passwords you use to log into web sites. My question is how well protected are those login and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WPaGuy7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Edge Browser

I see that Edge has the ability to store login and passwords you use to log into web sites. My question is how well protected are those login and passwords in Edge? Encrypted? Wondering before I start using this service. I would love to get rid of LastPass Premium and all the silly things it does wrong! Constantly causing me issues!

:)

WPaGuy7, Aug 28, 2015
  2. techcoor Win User

Why does home page somes up in secure mode?

The Edge browser home page is set to Bing. However, when Edge browser is open the address is https://www.bing.com. Why does not Edge browser open with the page in the settings?

techcoor, Aug 28, 2015
  3. edge browser will only connect via vpn

I have Mozilla, explorer and edge browsers. Edge browser will
    only connect via my vpn (astril). The other browsers will connect with vpn on or off, how can I get Edge to connect with vpn off?

JefesitoHK, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Edge Browser

Don't all web browsers have this capability?

Rocky, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Myself any storing of passwords, anytime is taking a risk.

digitalcurisity, Aug 28, 2015
  6. WPaGuy7 Win User
    Even in an encrypted file? I would think that would be secure enough. Just my opinion. I was wanting to know for sure just how secure the Edge browser is, especially the saving of passwords item.

WPaGuy7, Aug 29, 2015
  7. I just never store my bank or credit card web sites with my password, just type it in each time Same with my e-mail. Not worried about these web sites like this Win10 forum.

digitalcurisity, Aug 29, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Edge Browser

This may sound archaic but I write them down in a ledger. I remember the more frequently used ones.

Edwin, Aug 29, 2015
  9. WPaGuy7 Win User
    How would you guys feel about an Office 365 encrypted Excel spreadsheet? It is encrypted to 256 bits. I thought that was pretty safe my self. I value others opinions too. Edge Browser :)

WPaGuy7, Aug 29, 2015
  10. Years ago i used PGP but today with high speed computers and many hackers,i feel nothing is really secure on the internet. IMHO the less put on the net and your own computer the better off you are.

digitalcurisity, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser

1. Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Edge Browser

2. All my browsers say that it is being "managed by your organization". It says it on edge and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my browsers say that it is being "managed by your organization". It says it on edge and...: I noticed that when I was on chrome, I got an error notification saying: New extension added ChrysanthemumLeucanthemum. There was also another notification that popped up when I tried removing it called BradypusTridactylus. I've tried almost every solution I could find...
  3. All my browsers say that it is being "managed by your organization". It says it on edge and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my browsers say that it is being "managed by your organization". It says it on edge and...: I noticed that when I was on chrome, I got an error notification saying: New extension added ChrysanthemumLeucanthemum. There was also another notification that popped up when I tried removing it called BradypusTridactylus. I've tried almost every solution I could find...
  4. Can I use Edge browser but without MSN? help me for the love of God, thanks for that!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Edge browser but without MSN? help me for the love of God, thanks for that!: I like Edge but I don't use it because I hate MSN. please get rid of MSN from Edge and from windows and Microsoft!!! MSN is obnoxious! I want to use the Edge browser but without MSN!!! please!...
  5. Can I use Edge browser but without MSN? help me for the love of God, thanks for that!

Can I use Edge browser but without MSN? help me for the love of God, thanks for that!: I like Edge but I don't use it because I hate MSN. please get rid of MSN from Edge and from windows and Microsoft!!! MSN is obnoxious! I want to use the Edge browser but without MSN!!! please!...
  6. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  7. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  8. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  9. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  10. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a