Windows 10: Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!

Discus and support Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Last night my system upgraded from 1809 to 1903 and guess what? The edge browser still has no icon! This idiotic bug lurks there since more than a year... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mmo, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!

Last night my system upgraded from 1809 to 1903 and guess what? The edge browser still has no icon!
    This idiotic bug lurks there since more than a year and MS doesn't seem to care a dime that their flagship browser is displayed using the white sheet of paper default icon (on the desktop) or as invisible "blob" on the taskbar (where one needs to guess or know that it is the Edge browser that hides there).

This yields the same impression as if some summer intern tried to program his first "hello world" program. And judging from Google results there a millions of people out there seeing this "effect" but so what: who cares?

What a bunch of clowns!

:)

2. MS Edge - can't find pages

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

I suggest you to provide the feedback for Microsoft Edge browser.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Microsoft Edge homepage.

• Select Send feedback option.

• Provide your feedback and click on send feedback button.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!

1. Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns! - Similar Threads - Edge browser's icon

2. is microsoft ran by a bunch of clowns? **** idiots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is microsoft ran by a bunch of clowns? **** idiots.: Go **** yourselves for forcing windows 11 download. pieces of **** is what y’all are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-ran-by-a-bunch-of-clowns-idiots/ff3db346-3841-44c4-a324-65079d1ab104
  3. is microsoft ran by a bunch of clowns? **** idiots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is microsoft ran by a bunch of clowns? **** idiots.: Go **** yourselves for forcing windows 11 download. pieces of **** is what y’all are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-ran-by-a-bunch-of-clowns-idiots/ff3db346-3841-44c4-a324-65079d1ab104
  4. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  5. Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing: On one of the more recent Insider build updates, my Microsoft Edge browser icon disappeared from the desktop. Does anyone have a way to replace it? I have looked for program details, etc. to try and replace it (eg using send to … desktop, but I cannot find the actual...
  6. Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge browser's icon still missing - MS is a bunch of clowns!: Last night my system upgraded from 1809 to 1903 and guess what? The edge browser still has no icon! This idiotic bug lurks there since more than a year and MS doesn't seem to care a dime that their flagship browser is displayed using the white sheet of paper default icon (on...
  7. Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons: I have the same bookmarks synced across all my browsers and edge is the only that doesn't show any of the icons of the websites that I have bookmarked. Clicking on them doesn't update the icon, and neither does clearing the history / cache. Is there an easy solution aside...
  8. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...