Windows 10: Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser

Discus and support Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not use Edge as my browser, nor do I have any intention to do so. So why is it when I run cCleaner to get rid of all the ****, such as cookies,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LilBro, Jul 6, 2020.

1. LilBro Win User

Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser

I do not use Edge as my browser, nor do I have any intention to do so. So why is it when I run cCleaner to get rid of all the ****, such as cookies, cache, temp files, etc, Edge shows up with 10, 12 MB in its cache?

:)

LilBro, Jul 6, 2020

2. Microsoft edge and Internet Explorer turn on even when the internet is off on my windows 10 OS. I don't even use these browsers.

I am running windows 10 OS and use Firefox as my browser. I never use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer yet when I run my cleaning utility such as CCleaner, I get a message "Microsoft Edge Cache database and Internet Explorer needs to be closed to clean
    the internet cache". This happens even when I'm not online at all and even when I have the two browsers closed by the cleaning utility, I will run the cleaning utility again, and again offline and I get the same message. I even went to settings and unchecked
    the internet explorer box so that it shouldn't run at all. Is this some kind of hack? How and why do these browsers continue to turn on even offline and especially when I never use them? I would appreciate any info on this subject.

dancin-fool, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What is the exactly issue you are facing with Microsoft edge browser?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are facing issue related to the performance of Microsoft Edge browser, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies of Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser

edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Go to Settings.

• Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

• Select the options and click on Clear button.

I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer on your computer and check. Resetting Internet Explorer shall effect the behavior of Microsoft Edge browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser

1. Edge builds internet cache when I don't even us it as my browser - Similar Threads - Edge builds internet

2. Don't want Edge as my default browser

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Don't want Edge as my default browser: Why does Microsoft keep asking me to make "Edge" the default browser & if I want to try the latest version? Despite using another browser as my default & turning off the setting for it to continue asking me if I'd like to try it, I'm still asked every time I open Microsoft....
  3. edge caches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge caches: Edge tracks my browsing even though I use only Firefox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-caches/4160f1ed-d54b-4fa3-980d-0b326d335c39
  4. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  5. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  6. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  7. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  8. "Edge" Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  9. "Edge" Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  10. Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser: With Microsoft Edge, we want to fundamentally improve security over existing browsers and enable users to confidently experience the web from Windows. We have designed Microsoft Edge to defend users from increasingly sophisticated and prevalent attacks. This post covers...