Windows 10: "Edge" Cache files

Discus and support "Edge" Cache files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Motim, May 24, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

"Edge" Cache files

Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user of the pc, so how are these cache files coming from ?Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, May 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 24, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!

Good suggestions, and thank you.

At first, it appeared that Edge still cached files in the cache database, even when not used. I tried using IE11 (not Edge) and it still appeared that Edge would have cached some files.

Now, trying your suggestion, I do not see where Edge has cached anything. I'm going to keep watching and try a few more times to see if it pops up again.

Thanks!

DennisHallack, May 24, 2019
  4. "Edge" Cache files

Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What is the exactly issue you are facing with Microsoft edge browser?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are facing issue related to the performance of Microsoft Edge browser, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies of Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 24, 2019
Thema:

"Edge" Cache files

1. "Edge" Cache files - Similar Threads - Edge Cache files

2. Move Edge cache files to a ramdrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Edge cache files to a ramdrive?: How can I move edges cache to a ram drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-edge-cache-files-to-a-ramdrive/56ebe5db-4334-40a7-9977-df0f218cca62
  3. edge caches

edge caches: Edge tracks my browsing even though I use only Firefox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-caches/4160f1ed-d54b-4fa3-980d-0b326d335c39
  4. where is the clean cache in Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where is the clean cache in Edge?: Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-clean-cache-in-edge/f882499a-585f-4c26-bae6-ec79c12f5cb0
  5. Files cached?

Files cached?: I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such as DIR >>output.txt) and then tries to read that file, but the command to process the file gets an error "The process cannot...
  6. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  7. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  8. "Edge" Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  9. Mklink created to move Edge cache but cache not in target location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mklink created to move Edge cache but cache not in target location?: I have a curious MKLINK issue with Win 10 Pro. I wonder if someone could clarify for me. Latest updates as of 23/4/19. Desktop Intel i7. 16 Gig RAM. First, I have a folder on J:\XMKLINK TEST. I created mklink /D "L:\XMLINK TEST" "J:\XMLINK TEST" Explorer shows the orig folder...
  10. ssl cache clear in microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    ssl cache clear in microsoft edge: hi, I really want to know if somebody here know, if it possible to clean the ssl cache on edge, like the content tab on ie, or not, and if not, are if I clean it on the tab in ie, are it works also on edge? thank you very much. 49578