Windows 10: Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

Discus and support Edge - Can favorites be sorted? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically? When a favorite is added it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dburne, Dec 29, 2015.

1. dburne Win User

Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically?
    When a favorite is added it is added to the bottom of the list, and so on. I would like to sort them alphabetically if possible.

Thanks for any tips,

:)

dburne, Dec 29, 2015
  2. Rockface Win User

Can Favorites in Edge be synced with Internet Explorer Favorites?

Hi

I don't mind having two Microsoft browser in Windows but I don't really like having two sets of favourites.

Is there any way favourites in IE11 and Edge can be managed together , so that when I add a new favourite to either in can be available in or transferred to the other ? At the moment I have to use IE11 because it seems to be (more) user friendly.

Original title: favorites in edge

Rockface, Dec 29, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Can Favorites in Edge be synced with Internet Explorer Favorites?

No, not really....

The very latest version of Windows (the Creators Update) has the ability to import and export to a bookmarks.html file. And Internet Explorer has always had this capability... so you *could* manually run import/exports operations between the two browsers...
    but that hardly seems like a reasonable approach.

graye, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

Yes they can I have mine sorted A-Z in folders.
    You can also do it that way without making folders.
    Have just checked and done it and it works.
    Just click on the favourite you want and drag it to where you want it and it should stay there.
    Make sure you left click when you drag it.
    Hope that helps you

hTconeM9user, Dec 29, 2015
  5. dburne Win User
    Thanks for the info, I was kind of hoping there might be a way to choose to sort alphabetically rather than move them one by one, but I guess once I get them moved and stay on top of it as I add favorites it won't be so bad.

Thanks,

dburne, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Hi I have not found away to do it any other way yet.
    If I come across another way to sort them I will post it.
    Being as I use nothing but Edge Browser all the time

hTconeM9user, Dec 29, 2015
  7. pbcopter Win User
    This is one of the things I do not like about Edge. I prefer my Folders first in the list and the ability to sort.
    I have a large number of favorites and dragging each one is tedious.

pbcopter, Dec 29, 2015
  8. dburne Win User

I am with you there. I would think having the ability to automatically sort would be a fundamental function. I have been dragging and sorting manually one by one today. Ugh.

dburne, Dec 30, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Edge is designed for Fred Flintone.
    Yabba dabba doo

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  10. I have mine in folders sorted A-Z
    Then in each folder I do the same again
    Once done it is easy to just put each new file in the folder you want.

hTconeM9user, Dec 30, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    Unless there is a compelling reason to use Edge, I would use anything but that.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  12. egray Win User
    Well, there is now a way... Take a look at the 3rd-party EdgeManage application. It will allow you to sort all or portions of your favorites (plus a lot more features).

Manage Edge Favorites

egray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge - Can favorites be sorted? - Similar Threads - Edge favorites sorted

2. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  3. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  4. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  5. Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.42 lost Favorites sorting

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.42 lost Favorites sorting: I wanted to sort my Favorites in MSEdge Version 90.0.818.42 (Official build) (64-bit) today and the maintenance link and sort is gone. Should I just wait for the next update to sort favorites? 178083
  6. Lost favorites and sorted

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  7. Lost favorites and sorted

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  8. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  9. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  10. Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser: I have just thoroughly mixed up the favourites in Edge and as I have about 200 to choose from, it's going to take ages to remember where to find them. The idea was to either have them in alphabetical order, or to have the dozen or so most used at the top. I had only moved one...