Windows 10: edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error

Discus and support edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It went from edge error to chrome error was a similar error, google product forum also not working, google searches worked. Tried many things to fic... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Oct 25, 2020.

1. edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error

It went from edge error to chrome error was a similar error, google product forum also not working, google searches worked. Tried many things to fic Chrome following web advice. Finally uninstalled Chrome and all data. Installed Firefox, youtube worked. Downloaded and installed Chrome, it all works like before. Turned on sync, its all good again. However EDGE is still busted, I suppose I can live with EDGE broken and not usable. But if anyone can tell me how to repair it, thanks

running windows 2004 win10, just updated today,

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it came back on Chrome and now also Firefox, no youtube. No bing, and some other sites likely too.

Maybe just do a complete wipe and new install.

:)

sdowney717, Oct 25, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Enrique Win User
    Microsoft Edge Known Issue - Adblock causing errors on YouTube

@Everyones:Of course it's wrong. Google doesn't want to be blocked by ads. They live off them. But you should say that you can watch YouTube without ads. You know which blocker can make Edge not give errors. So what I was saying at the entrance is half-lying, or not telling the whole truth. Edge may be able to watch youTube videos without ads. I won't go into the details, but I currently have Edge without Bing, with an extension that allows me to make the next tab the one I want and it's going great. Let Google get screwed. It's enough to steal us to the wallet!

Enrique, Oct 25, 2020
  4. bjevers Win User

edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error

No errors for timer not resetting

I am running version .26. When I run a manual artifact scan ATI Tool does not reset the No errors for timer back to zero. I know in the past it used to do this and it made it easy for me to set the scan and do other stuff. Then I could come back and compare the No errors for timer with the Running for timer to see if there were any artifacts.

Brian

bjevers, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error

1. edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error or ssl error - Similar Threads - edge cant bing

2. Pc is giving errors and cant reset pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc is giving errors and cant reset pc: my issue is i cant reset my pc. task manager gives me an error amd gives me an error and i cant open things in admin even tho im admin on my computer and i have no other account on my pc, can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Resetting pin gives error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting pin gives error message: I am basically locked out of my computer because I cannot reset my PIN. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pin-gives-error-message/ca378d03-c853-41f4-85b4-737a07e6c74d
  4. edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error

in Browsers and Email
    edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error: It went from edge error to chrome error was a similar error, google product forum also not working, google searches worked. Tried many things to fic Chrome following web advice. Finally uninstalled Chrome and all data. Installed Firefox, youtube worked. Downloaded and...
  5. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  6. Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors: Not sure if this has already been covered or not but I'm trying to remove two bloatware apps from windows pro 1903. I'm able to remove them fine but wont be able to use windows update afterwords as I will get errors trying to update. NOTE: In past builds I was able to remove...
  7. Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors: Not sure if this has already been covered or not but I'm trying to remove two bloatware apps from windows pro 1903. I'm able to remove them fine but wont be able to use windows update afterwords as I will get errors trying to update. NOTE: In past builds I was able to remove...
  8. One Drive SSl Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive SSl Error: I can not access the one drive website to access all my photos. I have tried the option of going to internet options and checking the TLS items but that does not work. Can you assist please...
  9. invalid ssl error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid ssl error: hi, I have this problem where some websites such as epicgames.com, store.steampowered.com and discord.gg do not work and instead show the invalid ssl certificate / insecure connection error. This happens on every browser, including the native epic games and steam clients. I...
  10. Bing wallpaper error

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing wallpaper error: I clicked on what I thought was Windows wallpaper but it was Bing, I don't know how it got in there. Then it took over my wallpaper and put on Bing wallpaper, changing pictures often. I did not know how to stop it so I deleted the wallpaper. Now when I leave the office and...