Windows 10: Edge can't open using built-in Admin account

Discus and support Edge can't open using built-in Admin account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; That usually means that UAC is disabled. Make sure it's not. Bingo! Thank you! Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3point1, Aug 8, 2016.

1. 3point1 Win User

Edge can't open using built-in Admin account

Bingo! Thank you!

3point1, Aug 8, 2016

2. Great news! Glad to see it has finally been sorted. *Smile

We can considered this issue closed.

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  3. XweAponX Win User
    Is this with the latest builds of Windows 10, because I'm using the original build, and my account is set as "Administrator" and I can open Edge and Tiles. I just built a new system using build 1511 I think, and I set up a local account w/Admin rights. I keep getting an error that I "Can't open edge using the built-in admin account", but I'm not IN the admin account.

Are you saying this is by design?

XweAponX, Oct 18, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

I have it shut off with a 3rd party app, so this is the fix? I'll try that. I also have updates shut off the same way, I think it simply shuts off wuauserv. DO I have to have updates activated as well?

That was it, I had UAC shut off. Damn,. they won't even allow us to disable nag screens. It works when the slider is at the bottom position, but it resets to position 2

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge can't open using built-in Admin account - Similar Threads - Edge can't open

2. I use only account/admin, but can't open jpg on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I use only account/admin, but can't open jpg on desktop: I reinstalled my computer several times already, yet the very basic function is not working, namely opening a simple jpg img. It always shows: [ATTACH] I have only one account, local administrator, and I have to sign-in this account to go to the desktop. I store this jpg...
  3. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  4. built-in admin account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    built-in admin account problem: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...
  5. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...
  6. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built-in administrator

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built-in administrator: I only have one user account on my Windows 10x64 Pro machine and it has administrator privileges with UAC turned off and has been that way ever since it was installed. Now whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge I get a pop-up that says: "Microsoft Edge can't be opened using...
  7. Mail Can't be Opened using the Built-in Administration Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Can't be Opened using the Built-in Administration Account: I can't use any of the panes (calendar, weather, store, etc.) on Windows 10. I receive a message "this app can't open. Mail can't be opened using the built in administration account. How to resolve this issue quickly and reliably? 32598
  8. App can't be opened using the built-in administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App can't be opened using the built-in administrator account.: [img] [img] I was getting UAC shields appearing on some of the icons. I found the solution how to get rid of them by going to the "Local Security Policy" > Local Policies > Security Options and disabling: User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode...
  9. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account: I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now I can't open Settings using my account (which is an administrator account). I apparently have to use a different account, but I don't have one, and with no access to Settings, I can't make another account. I tried booting into...
  10. "...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account."

in Windows 10 Support
    "...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account.": Hi all, Working on a Win10 touchscreen desktop for a friend who just got scammed by one those fake "call this number, your computer is infected" ads. She foolishly let somebody from Indian remote into her computer and install some fake "weather" software which just caused...