Windows 10: Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open

Discus and support Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was playing a game on my pc when all of a sudden the game freezes and my I got a BSoD with the error Event Tracing Fatal Error. After looking in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HummusDragon, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open

I was playing a game on my pc when all of a sudden the game freezes and my I got a BSoD with the error Event Tracing Fatal Error. After looking in event viewer I found this:

Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeSH.exe, version: 11.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x3538007c
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000008c
    Faulting process id: 0x2434
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b81a3e055d81
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\MicrosoftEdgeSH.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 8a66122f-73c4-4ad5-a17f-74e88d364750
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.449.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

This is the second BSoD I've had in the 7 months since I built this pc. Do I have a virus? Or did Edge just mess up? Thanks in advance.

:)

HummusDragon, Dec 21, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open

Cannot open youtube by IE and Edge

Hi,

Let's isolate the cause of the issue. Are you using an Insider Preview build on your PC? If you are using an Insider Preview build and if you are in Fast Ring, we suggest that you update your computer to the new build 15031 and check if the issue persists.

We also recommend that you disable the VPN and Proxifier on your computer and check if you can access YouTube.

If the issue persists, let's use a new InPrivate window to access Youtube. To open a new InPrivate window in Edge, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open

1. Edge caused BSoD even when it was not open - Similar Threads - Edge caused BSoD

2. Opening this path causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening this path causes BSOD: In win98/95 opening the path "C:\Con\Con" would cause blue screen of death... similarly if you open the path "\\.GLOBALROOT\Device\ConDrv\KernelConnect" in a browser on windows 10, BSOD will appear with the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION stopcode & condrv.sys will be the failed...
  3. BSOD when using edge and randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using edge and randomly: I have had my laptop for about a month and over the past 6 days, I have been getting a BSOD with the code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I checked the dump files and from what I could gather msedge.exe was the error. Last night, it BSODed again except this time msedge.exe wasn't at...
  4. Random BSoDs even when idling

Random BSoDs even when idling: I'm having random BSoDs, even when the PC is idle, 3/7 days apart one from each other. I performed SFC /SCANNOW, checkdisk, SMART tests and memory tests, nothing changed. I'm asking here for help if someone can help me to debug the minidump files i have like 10 of them....
  5. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode: Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day! I have been facing the BSOD issue for months! it first started while using photoshop, Laptop kept getting BSOD then stopped working Windows diagnostics showed that the RAM is Faulty. What i have done is: -Replace RAM...
  6. about:blank when opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    about:blank when opening Edge: Just installed Edge. When I first open Edge and only for a second or two, it will show about:blank in the address line and then go to my home page. Is this normal and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks for your input. 151488
  7. Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running: Hi guys, I am running Microsoft Edge on windows 10, however when I run Microsoft Edge, the icon is missing from the task bar but still appears to recognise it.. I have also just rebuilt my laptop yesterday with a fresh OS of windows 10 pro. [img] Any suggestions...
  8. Edge causing windows 10 pro bsod crash

Edge causing windows 10 pro bsod crash: I have imported bookmarks from chrome wanting to try out edge and while i was scrolling and moving them through favorite bar ..bsod and crash .. if u can and pass the debug files from collector in attachment ty 19374
  9. BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge

BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge: So I was able to recreate this issue three times already. I open many tabs in Edge that it brings my RAM usage to about 95% and naturally will get notified by Win10 that my memory consumption is high and I should close some applications to free up memory. BUT it should never...
  10. MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?

MS Edge Causing Reboots and BSOD?: I am hoping to get some help with a problem I have had now for about 10 months. I have to say in advance I am not an expert like most of you but I am more than capable of following instructions to retrieve any logs from my system etc. To put my issue simply Microsoft Edge...