Windows 10: Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...

Discus and support Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcSmithUK, May 28, 2021.

1. Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...

Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro gaming motherboard. Ran the Intel CPU Diagnostics, and memory tests, all have come back clear, even changed motherboard. Have ran the SFC and DSIM scans too, tried 2 fresh installations. At a loss at what it could be... Everything else seems fine, its just web browsers. Any advice ? Thanks in advance.

:)

MarcSmithUK, May 28, 2021

2. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

[this post made in another forum but went completely without response]

I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too

For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser.

I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I replaced storage with a SSD (first time for this storage type for nearly 8-year old laptop)

And I am still seeing the crashing of Chrome tabs

Here's what's been done

• Chrome troubleshooting suggested pulling out extensions, not that I had very many anyway. The only extensions I have in now are Google's own: Application Launcher for Google Drive, Web Developer, and LastPass password manager. And extensions would not be
      an issue causing the tab crashes in Edge either.
    • windows memory diagnostic: no errors results in Event Viewer
    • sfc /scannow : no integrity violations found
    • drivers: video adapter was the only recently needed update, which corrected major problems when SSD installed; all other drivers current
    • Often, closing the browser and restarting it makes it work for a while, and then the symptoms appear again (memory leaking? no, couldn't be: we don't live in the mid-1990s using Windows 9x)

Another thing I have noticed: windows of all kinds, but sometimes just the tabs on the browser, can be unresponsive to mouse cursor clicking to bring window in focus. When I open the Task Manager, the ability
    of the mouse cursor to activate/focus windows/tabs is completely restored. I haven't figured that out yet, and it might be related to the browser memory issues.

It is an 8-year old laptop, but I have no indication that hardware is failing in any respect but the usual end of life on HDDs I have used in past.

Win 10-1909 (build 18363.657)

StevePenner, May 28, 2021
  3. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too

For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser.

I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I replaced storage with a SSD (first time for this storage type for nearly 8-year old laptop)

And I am still seeing the crashing of Chrome tabs

Here's what's been done
    • Chrome troubleshooting suggested pulling out extensions, not that I had very many anyway. The only extensions I have in now are Google's own: Application Launcher for Google Drive, Web Developer, and LastPass password manager. And extensions would not be an issue causing the tab crashes in Edge either.
    • windows memory diagnostic: no errors results in Event Viewer
    • sfc /scannow : no integrity violations found
    • drivers: video adapter was the only recently needed update, which corrected major problems when SSD installed; all other drivers current
    • Often, closing the browser and restarting it makes it work for a while, and then the symptoms appear again (memory leaking? no, couldn't be: we don't live in the mid-1990s using Windows 9x)

Another thing I have noticed: windows of all kinds, but sometimes just the tabs on the browser, can be unresponsive to mouse cursor clicking to bring window in focus. When I open the Task Manager, the ability of the mouse cursor to activate/focus windows/tabs is completely restored. I haven't figured that out yet, and it might be related to the browser memory issues.

It is an 8-year old laptop, but I have no indication that hardware is failing in any respect but the usual end of life on HDDs I have used in past.

Win 10-1909 (build 18363.657)

mavigozler, May 28, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...

1. Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process... - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome Opera

2. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  3. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  4. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  6. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  7. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.

Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.: Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro gaming motherboard. Ran the Intel CPU Diagnostics, and memory tests, all have come back clear, even changed motherboard. Any...
  9. all browsers like chrome,edge,opera are freezing in windows 10 20h2 19042.572,system is not...

all browsers like chrome,edge,opera are freezing in windows 10 20h2 19042.572,system is not...: Good Day, I desperately needed help about this issue on browsers that suddenly freezes, but the the windows system isn't affected, I can close browsers that freezes through task manager, I can use office tools or gaming when browser freezes, I've tried to troubleshoot as...
  10. Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

in Browsers and Email
    Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking: I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm currently trying to find the cause. Every day for the past few days, I will end up with broken images, usually involving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my browsers keep crashing

2. browsers keep.crashing due to low memory