Windows 10: Edge Chromium browser slowing down

Discus and support Edge Chromium browser slowing down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smalltown, May 15, 2020.

1. smalltown Win User

Edge Chromium browser slowing down

About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my screen at the same speed as my old Edge browser.

I ran all the DISM, and SFC tests. Ran Malwarebytes, and last night a full scan with the Microsoft Security Scanner, but found nothing obvious.

I was even wondering if it was possible to re-download and install Edge Chromium to see if my speed would resume as before.

Any thoughts is it just me ?

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

:)

smalltown, May 15, 2020
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, May 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Chromium as default browser windows 10

I don't have chromium (or chrome) installed so I may not be able to help.

try changing from within chromium

• Click on the Wrench icon and select Options
    • In the Basics tab, click on Make Chromium my default browser in the
      Default browser section.

Martmcd, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge Chromium browser slowing down - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium browser

2. Edge Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium?: Will Edge Chromium be pre-installed in future Windows 10 releases? Or, will it have to be installed manually? 154811
  3. chromium browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chromium browser: i have uninstalled it its not showing in program list. Also in Appdata/local there is no chromium folder tried malware bytes and cc cleaner . no where its listing but while using open with for some pdf files its listing there how can i remove chromium from that...
  4. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  5. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  6. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: Edge Chromium is freezing and not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/ae638f53-c913-4a51-aa99-593145c4ddd7
  7. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: I keep hearing that the new Edge browser is Chromium-based. So why doesn'y new computer have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/14e2ed1f-a39e-4f23-b6dd-2fb44bb9eee2
  8. How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft’s Edge browser seems to have gotten a new lease of life with the Chromium engine. This version of the Edge browser supports Chrome extensions and also offers native Chromecast streaming. Most of us use cast or mirror our laptops [...] This post How...
  9. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  10. Chromium Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chromium Browser: Why am I getting periodically an obnoxious pop up program that tries to get me to install a browser called Chromium? Can I stop this somehow?...