Windows 10: Edge Chromium browser slowing down

Discus and support Edge Chromium browser slowing down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smalltown, May 15, 2020.

1. smalltown Win User

Edge Chromium browser slowing down

About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my screen at the same speed as my old Edge browser.

I ran all the DISM, and SFC tests. Ran Malwarebytes, and last night a full scan with the Microsoft Security Scanner, but found nothing obvious.

I was even wondering if it was possible to re-download and install Edge Chromium to see if my speed would resume as before.

Any thoughts is it just me ?

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

:)

smalltown, May 15, 2020
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, May 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Chromium as default browser windows 10

I don't have chromium (or chrome) installed so I may not be able to help.

try changing from within chromium

• Click on the Wrench icon and select Options
    • In the Basics tab, click on Make Chromium my default browser in the
      Default browser section.

Martmcd, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge Chromium browser slowing down - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium browser

2. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  3. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  4. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  5. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  6. Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems: Anybody else having issues with this feature? Browser tabs go to sleep and either don't wake up or take forever to wake up. I have the same issue with Google Chrome, which make sense because both browsers are now Chromium based. Tab sleep has been around for several years now...
  7. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  8. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  10. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...