Windows 10: Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

Discus and support Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Small thing, maybe.. But is it just me or does it not work to drag and drop a link to Collections? It shows the little blue bar, indicating where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Meior, Jun 18, 2020.

1. /u/Meior Win User

Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

Small thing, maybe.. But is it just me or does it not work to drag and drop a link to Collections?

It shows the little blue bar, indicating where the link will end up, but when I drop it there nothing happens. I'm hoping this is a bug that will get fixed, and not that drag and drop isn't intended. Right now any link I want to add has to be opened, and then I have to click Add current page. I'd love to drag and drop them instead.

Am I doing something wrong or is this indeed not a feature?

submitted by /u/Meior
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Meior, Jun 18, 2020

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Jun 18, 2020
  3. fryte Win User
    Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

Some of the copy-and-pasted responses across this website from Microsoft Support are an embarrassment. The lack of drag and drop has nothing to do with corrupted system files, and the resolution steps posted by the Support Engineer will waste customers'
    time sending them on a wild goose chase. For now, Microsoft Edge simply does not support drag and drop (!) - see
    here,

here
    or
    here

Update: I've found a statement from Microsoft: "Fixes
    for this issue are being treated with top priority and are in development to ship in a future update. We'll provide updates on the timeline as we know more."

fryte, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

1. Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections? - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium Drag

2. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections: I've been using Edge Chromium for quite some time and everything was running perfectly, until days ago. Maybe was after a recent Windows 10 upgrade. It just stopped syncing my Collections. I would add a Collection and I would see the Collection added to the tablet and iPhone...
  5. Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos: Hello (system specs are on the profile). I've both Edge Chromium dev (Version 83.0.478.10 (Official build) dev (64-bit)) and Edge Chromium (Version 81.0.416.58 (Official build) (64-bit)) installed, the browsers are fast overall but the problem is, every time I watch a video...
  6. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  8. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  9. Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.: Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge. Is it even possible? Thanks. 87479
  10. Drag and Drop in MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Drag and Drop in MS Edge: I see quite a few persons have complained that MS Edge does not allow one to drag and drop a URL onto say the desktop. I personally have no issues with it, but am trying to understand the reason why the alternatives to do this in MS Edge are relatively complicated when...