Windows 10: Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos

Discus and support Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello (system specs are on the profile). I've both Edge Chromium dev (Version 83.0.478.10 (Official build) dev (64-bit)) and Edge Chromium (Version... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Portugal, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Portugal Win User

Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos

Hello (system specs are on the profile).

I've both Edge Chromium dev (Version 83.0.478.10 (Official build) dev (64-bit)) and Edge Chromium (Version 81.0.416.58 (Official build) (64-bit)) installed, the browsers are fast overall but the problem is, every time I watch a video on YouTube, there are lots of dropped frames. The thing is, with Firefox I've almost no dropped frames, and with Edge, I've like 300 times as many dropped frames.
    For example, in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvEISFw9w0, I've one dropped frame in Firefox (and it's in the beginning, so it's irrelevant):
    Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos [​IMG]

While I've 393 dropped frames in Edge Chromium (both versions):

Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos [​IMG]

I've hardware acceleration turned on, if I turn it off, the videos become unwatchable (lots of dropped frames, as CPU can't keep up).

Do you know if there is something that can be done in order to fix it, or is Edge Chromium just slower?

Best regards.

:)

Portugal, Apr 20, 2020
  2. wisejo Win User

Dropped frames in Firefox after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Someone? Maybe move this to Performance & Maintenance or to General Support.
    Tried Opera Portable, YouTube videos drops frames both in Windows 7 and Windows 10. (~0.5% at 1080p60, ~5% at 1440p60)

In Summary:
    Firefox drops frames (at 1440p60 2160p24/25/30) in Windows 10, but not in Windows 7 (only rarely frame drops at 2160p30).
    I think 1080p60 and 1440p30 doesn't drop frames in Firefox on Windows 10.
    I can play 2160p30 YouTube in Firefox for Android on Galaxy S6 Edge+ without frame lost... but 2160p24 in Windows 10 drops frames...
    VLC doesn't drop frames for these videos (1440p60, 2160p24/25/30), both in Windows 10 and 7.

Another issue I have is with DOSBox under the following settings:
    Code:
    Video and audio stuttering in fullscreen in Windows 10, but it works smoothly in Windows 7.
    However it works smoothly in Windows 7 and 10 in non-fullscreen mode, even if I change the resolution to 1728x1080. I have 1080p 60Hz monitor.

Thanks

wisejo, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blurry video on YouTube TV - Roku

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Generally, the video frame buffer is separate from the UI graphics framebuffer, so the video shouldn’t be doing any unnecessary scaling before the final image is output. This is a known issue with the YouTube TV app on Roku.

However, you can overcome this behavior by doing the steps listed below:

• Play a video and while the video is playing press
      Home
      on the remote.
    • Launch YouTube again, it will stop loading and go back to the home screen.
    • Launch YouTube again, the video should play with better clarity now.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with the Roku Support.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 20, 2020
  4. GARoss Win User

YouTube TV on the new Edge

Never said they were the same. Perhaps YouTube TV just added a third browser, the new Edge, powered by Chromium to their list of workable browsers.

GARoss, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium dropping

2. Frame drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frame drops.: Yesterday I played Valorant, War Thunder without having an fps drop, but then at 11PM I got orange screen not bluescreen . The windows forced restart and repaired my C: disk. well my laptop is okay but when i opened games, any games, the frame drops to 10. Oh yeah, almost...
  3. Edge Chromium YouTube chat located below video instead of on the side

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium YouTube chat located below video instead of on the side: Hello, I have been using Edge Chromium to view YT videos because it doesn't wind upbuffering after a while of watching videos the way it does in FireFox. All ofmy browsers (except for Edge) have the chat on the right side of the screen.Edge Chromium recently spontaneously now...
  4. play video beginning often drop frame

play video beginning often drop frame: GPUGT130mthe beginning 1s often drop framereplay didn't https://youtu.be/G60q05fMhG4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video-beginning-often-drop-frame/439361c1-6426-41bf-a2c9-b2e7832fa5ae
  5. Any Chromium Edge Extension to bypass Youtube region locked videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Chromium Edge Extension to bypass Youtube region locked videos?: I saw one extension that does this but its firefox only so I was wondering if there was one that worked with Edge. submitted by /u/sakata32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn5vbc/any_chromium_edge_extension_to_bypass_youtube/
  6. Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?: Small thing, maybe.. But is it just me or does it not work to drag and drop a link to Collections? It shows the little blue bar, indicating where the link will end up, but when I drop it there nothing happens. I'm hoping this is a bug that will get fixed, and not that drag...
  7. Frame Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame Drops: Hi, since the last update I made (windows 10, version 1903, 6/12/2019) while I'm playing I started dropping frames in almost any game. What to do? How can I solve this? I have this build: Specifications: Motherboard: Maximus Hero XI CPU: i9-9900k GPU: RTX 2080 TI STRIX...
  8. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...
  9. Frame drops

Frame drops: I have been having terrible frame drops playing fortnite on my hp omen dropping from 120 to 30 randomly, tried reseting my computer didn't work. Does any of you have the same problem or better yet a solution. Thanks!...
  10. Frame drops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Frame drops: What are the best ways to stop/prevent frame drops in games. For example I have a Asus OG Strix 4gb Radeon RX470 but in games like Overwatch whenever I jump into the action my frames start to plummet 94826