Windows 10: Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

Discus and support Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice. Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alexncfc, May 26, 2020.

1. alexncfc Win User

Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice.

Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites? When I turn on syncing, it seems to duplicate my favourites 5 or 6 times. My favourites bar for example is a complete mess of duplicate favourites.

I thought to solve this I could use Edges "Remove Duplicate Favourites" feature, and when I click on it I get a box asking if I want to remove them and when I press "remove" I get a spinning wheel saying it is removing duplicate favourites. However during this time, my PC starts to struggle massively because in Task Manager, one of the MSEDGE.EXE processes RAM usage is flying up - I have 8GB RAM and it just keeps rising until it reaches around 7.9GB and then after a long time, I get an out of memory error in Edge. Also numerous virtual memory limit errors in Event Viewer when this happens.

This should be a simple process to remove the duplicates, and I wouldn't have to do it at all if sync didn't duplicate my favourites when syncing, so does anyone else have this issue and know a fix?

Thanks

:)

alexncfc, May 26, 2020

2. Sync Favourites in Edge

A few days ago I have reinstalled Windows 10, and sync your favourites and reading list is "on" yet no favourites in the list. The favourites to sync with are another desktop and windows phone 10 and these devices have sync 'on'

Tigger Ireland, May 26, 2020
  3. neelav Win User
    sync favourites in Edge

I can see all my devises when I log on to my Microsoft account and all sync settings on each device is on but my new Windows 950XL is not showing favourites and reading list in Edge. What could be wrong here.

neelav, May 26, 2020
  4. Fixer Win User

Syncing Edge Favourites

This page gives very specific instructions for syncing Edge Favourites and is easy to follow. Unfortunately it doesn't work even though the two 1803 systems I'm using for testing are using the same MS account, have device sync ON, and have Favorites sync ON within Edge. Maybe it did work in earlier versions but it doesn't now. Other articles recommend the file export/import method I described above but that is completely unsatisfactory. I'm hoping someone here has discovered a working method.

Fixer, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium duplicating

2. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  3. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  4. Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections: I've been using Edge Chromium for quite some time and everything was running perfectly, until days ago. Maybe was after a recent Windows 10 upgrade. It just stopped syncing my Collections. I would add a Collection and I would see the Collection added to the tablet and iPhone...
  5. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  6. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  7. Edge Chromium syncing question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium syncing question: In the new Edge Chromium the Personal profile for your Microsoft Account has listed under Profiles/Sync a Turn On Sync option. In order for it to work..Does it also require Sync Settings to be turned on in Settings/Accounts/Sync Your Settings? If I have all Sync Settings...
  8. Is Edge Chromium suppose to sync with the "original" Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Edge Chromium suppose to sync with the "original" Edge?: I know both have sign on's to sync... and I imagine both want to sync toy our mobile device; but do they sync with each other? I haven't tried the mobile browser yet until I sort out the desktop, but i wasn't able to sync my regular "edge" favourites over to the chromium...
  9. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  10. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...