Windows 10: Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

Discus and support Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, We have a third party extension I need to install into Edge, it works in Chrome but for some reason having an issue installing and enabling it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user79net, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

Hi,

We have a third party extension I need to install into Edge, it works in Chrome but for some reason having an issue installing and enabling it in Edge Chromium.

The CRX files in located in C:\Program Files (X86)\..\.. as we are not using the Google store etc..

Has anyone successfully got this working, I've tired via Registry and GPO.

Either I am dong something wrong, or it doesn't work

submitted by /u/user79net
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user79net, Jan 18, 2021

2. Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

4. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Thema:

Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

1. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium Extensions

2. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  3. keepassxc integration into chromium based edge via extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keepassxc integration into chromium based edge via extension: I want to use KeePassXC version 2.5.4 on Windows 10 machine. Microsoft Edge chromium based Version 83.0.478.44 Official build 64-bit Now here is some problem, first see the screenshot where you can see that in installed app browser integration is done. [ATTACH] the...
  4. Edge Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium?: Will Edge Chromium be pre-installed in future Windows 10 releases? Or, will it have to be installed manually? 154811
  5. Turns out that Edge Chromium will block the Microsoft Rewards extension when installing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turns out that Edge Chromium will block the Microsoft Rewards extension when installing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AzrielK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eyd1ux/turns_out_that_edge_chromium_will_block_the/
  6. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  7. Offline installer for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline installer for Chromium Edge: Hello. I have a computer that has an air gap to the world, but I still have need of Chromium Edge. Where can I find an offline installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-installer-for-chromium-edge/806ab7c7-cf1c-47d3-9dd4-35ea5dae06d6
  8. edge chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge chromium: [IMG] There is a black line under the address bar in 125% scales of 14'' 1080p display. How to fix it?Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qacdjzk3yvv31.png?width=1907&format=png&auto=webp&s=65c1cb22d0ad37849b55e15294bd0ce4d3e0f5cc submitted by /u/gui117 [link]...
  9. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: Edge Chromium is freezing and not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/ae638f53-c913-4a51-aa99-593145c4ddd7
  10. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: I keep hearing that the new Edge browser is Chromium-based. So why doesn'y new computer have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/14e2ed1f-a39e-4f23-b6dd-2fb44bb9eee2