Windows 10: Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

Discus and support Edge Chromium IE Mode Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RebornJumpman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

Hey all,

I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up from MS and other sites tell me to enable it in edge://flags but it's not there and a few sites have said to check it in regedit, but it's not there either. I've checked in the stable (build 86.0.622.56) and canary (build 88.0.682.0) channels, but no luck in either. Does anyone know how to get this feature working?

I have also seen mention of it being an enterprise function. Does that mean I need to have an enterprise license for Windows to get enterprise mode for Edge, or is there an "Edge Enterprise" build that I can download?

:)

RebornJumpman, Oct 28, 2020

2. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Lentha Q Win User
    Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

Edge Chromium

Hi All,

* We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge.

* Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update.

*But this time once the update got installed, it has created duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar.

*we have unpinned the second one manually but after restart it has come back again.

*One thing we noticed it that, when we launch the edge (edge chromium) browser, the duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar is getting removed by itself..

*but once the device is restarted, we can see the edge chromium duplicate shortcut is back.

we can see inconsistent behaviors here with the edge chromium.

*Please check and help about how to get this duplicate task bar edge chromium shortcut removed permanently.

Karthikeyan Mathan, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

1. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium Mode

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  6. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  7. Edge Chromium questions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium questions: I am still running Google Chrome and was always wondering if it is worth to switch? I know that the new Edge runs under Chromium, but is Google Chrome still better than Edge Chromium? Google Chrome's usage statistics beats most web browsers, so would this mean that it is...
  8. Edge Chromium syncing question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium syncing question: In the new Edge Chromium the Personal profile for your Microsoft Account has listed under Profiles/Sync a Turn On Sync option. In order for it to work..Does it also require Sync Settings to be turned on in Settings/Accounts/Sync Your Settings? If I have all Sync Settings...
  9. Issues enabling IE mode within Edge Chromium,

Issues enabling IE mode within Edge Chromium,: Hello, Just wanted to ask if there was a more up to date guide for enabling the IE mode within Edge Chromium? I know that there is a flag that needs enabling within the browser for this feature but I cannot find the IE integration flag within the settings. I've been...
  10. Edge stable IE mode

Edge stable IE mode: I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get IE mode working in the new Edge stable. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1903 and I'm using the recently released Edge stable. I've followed all the steps in this guide:...