Windows 10: Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

Discus and support Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Whatsisname, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date.
    Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363)
    I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder.

The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I make changes, such as new folders or moving URLs between folders, changes are saved whilst the browser is open but not saved, disappearing, when the browser is closed then reopened, even within a few seconds. Waiting longer for system settling or a system reboot makes no difference.

I have also tried editing the folders and contents from within the old Other favourites drop down menu, these changes are only saved whilst the browser is open.
    I also tried copy and pasting the Other favourites folders into the Manage favourites, Favourites bar but that is inoperable.

Could there be conflict with previous versions of edge, I still have two entries in Apps and Features, namely; Microsoft Edge 18/08//2020 and Microsoft Edge Update 05/08/2020.
    I am a little mindful as to why an update appears as an app or feature and also that the update predates the app, odd or nothing to worry about?

I have searched extensively on the internet for a cure or a repair option but nothing works, Have also sent feedback to the The Microsoft Edge Team
    I cant even do a complete re-download of Edge Chrome in case there is a file corruption. When I open this site I get;
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ed-on-chromium
    and click on the Get the new Microsoft Edge now button all I get is;
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge...DE&OCID=MA13DE
    and tells me I am already browsing in edge. Clever eh, but an itsy bit seems broken!

I have favourite backups just in case

Please Help!

:)

Whatsisname, Aug 19, 2020

2. Favourites missing from Edge

Thanks Glen,

I had the Chromium Edge on my new operating system on one computer but no Favourites, so upgraded to the Chromium Edge on my other computer with Favourites, and then was able to import them from the computer with the new operating system.

Problem solved.

StephenfromChch, Aug 19, 2020
  3. How to save Url's Favourites in Microsoft Edge?

Thank you for your reply. But you only explain the basics of saving a URL into My Favourites. I am familiar with this procedure and I used it successfully until I merged the Favourites from Chrome and Internet Explorer with Edge's own favourites at Microsoft's
    suggestion (a box appeared after the log in). I presume you are familiar with this.

So I am looking now for the way to return to the previous situation when Edge had its own Favourites and I could save URL's into My Favourites at will. It's worth mentioning that within Chrome and Internet Explorer adding of URL's to Favourites works normally.

Kind Regards

Robert44ZW, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

new ms edge - how do i restore my old edge favourites

Hi errolgreer

the favourites should have been transferred to edge chromium during the upgrade, a small number of users have experienced this issue.

if you don't have a backup (HTML file) of your favourites, try the following.

Method A

open edge chromium

paste the following into the address bar and press enter

edge://flags/#edge-legacy-import

select enabled from the dropdown to the right of edge legacy import

click the restart button in the bottom right corner to restart edge chromium

once restarted, click the ellipsis (...) and select favourites then import

you should see an option to import from "microsoft edge legacy" in the dropdown

select "favourites or bookmarks" and anything else you wish to recover from the previous version and click import

once completed you can (if you wish) turn off the #edge-legacy-import flag

Method B

1) uninstall edge chromium, this will reinstate legacy edge with all your favourites.

settings -> apps -> apps & features

click on microsoft edge

click the uninstall button.

legacy edge will be restored automatically

2) export the favourites to an html file (as a backup, ( you may not need it, the favourites may be transferred properly wit another update)

open legacy edge

click the ellipsis (...) and select settings -> general

under "transfer favourites and other info" click the "import or export button"

select favourites and click "export to file"

give it a name and note the location

click save.

3) upgrade to edge chromium again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/450109...

check the favourites, if they are all there you can ignore step 4.

4) import the favourites from the backup HTML file

click the ellipsis (...) and select favourites -> import

select "favourites or bookmarks from HTML file" from the drop down

click "choose file" and select the file created earlier

if the favourites icon is not showing, or you want the favourites bar showing

in edge, click the ellipsis (...) and select settings

select appearance in the left pane

in the fight pane turn on favourites button and/or select from the dropdown for favourites bar.

Hope that helps please let me know how you get on.

Martmcd, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

1. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium saving

2. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  3. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  4. Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome,Version 84.0.522.61 Official build 64-bitup to date. I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an “Other favourites “ folder. The functionality of the new “Manage favourites” seems OK until I make changes, such as new...
  5. Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Change New Tab in Edge Chromium: In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing? 157181
  6. Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage: Hi all, Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice. Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites? When I turn on syncing, it seems to duplicate my favourites 5 or 6 times. My favourites bar for example is a complete mess of...
  7. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  8. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 **Original Title** Microsoft Edge Chromium...
  9. Changing Favourites order in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Favourites order in Edge: Is it possible to change the order of Favourites so that the latest are first, not last? 128158
  10. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...