Windows 10: Edge Closes after opening

Discus and support Edge Closes after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobC_UK, Feb 3, 2020.

1. BobC_UK Win User

Edge Closes after opening

I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including:

Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner

Reset the App

Repaired the App

Removed all Extensions

Reinstalled Edge using Powershell

Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app

Rebooted as always inbetween

Run SFC /scannow no errors

Edge just refuses to stay open after opening.

In the Event manager I've isolated many of these Errors:

====================

Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version: 11.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xceb8cbe1

Faulting module name: edgehtml.dll, version: 11.0.18362.592, time stamp: 0xd586d1d4

Exception code: 0x80070005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000547cee

Faulting process ID: 0x6d70

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5da7ce2d2f592

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll

Report ID: c1f0ee16-e647-419c-ae18-55d9b4550ec4

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.449.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

==================

Windows 10 Pro

Any idea how to sort this? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks.

:)

BobC_UK, Feb 3, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How to close edge that is locked into a hostile web page?

• if it will let you, click on the 3 dots on the top right and go to settings, under 'open with' make sure that previous pages is not selected.
    • close Edge using Task Manager
    • search for a web address in Cortana (eg type www.google.co.uk into Cortana)
      Edge will open with your selected sit and the dodgy one, do not click on any other tabs.
    • close edge in the normal way (i.e. click the X)

Edge should now open normally, you can change the setting back if you wish.

[edit] if it wont let you do step 1 do steps 2&3 then start at 1 again

Martmcd, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Edge Closes after opening

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Edge Closes after opening

1. Edge Closes after opening - Similar Threads - Edge Closes opening

2. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  3. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  4. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  5. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10: [ATTACH]At times when you try to open Microsoft Edge, it may open and close […] This article Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  7. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  8. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...
  9. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge agent closes