Windows 10: Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

Discus and support Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scrabb, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Scrabb Win User

Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues.

:)

Scrabb, Apr 25, 2021

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 25, 2021
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    Google"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Tommygunn Win User

Firefox opens unwanted tabs from previous (closed) web pages.

I'm having a problem with Firefox at the moment, and from memory it seems to have happened since I upgraded to v4.
    It goes something like this.
    I turn the computer on and open up a webpage or two on individual windows i.e. my Yahoo and Hotmail account, BBC News.. whatever. Later, I may have closed these pages down but then I'll go to open up another window and Firefox will open an additional tab on this page, usually of the last, as far as memory serves, of the previous webpage I shut down.

For instance, today, I opened Hotmail. I then signed out and closed the window. I then clicked on, for the sake of argument my IMDB.com icon in Rocketdock, which opened fine but also I got the additional Hotmail/MSN tab alongside it. I didn't get rid of the tab but closed the whole page opening up a new webpage immediately afterwards and the result was that I got two Hotmail/MSN tabs this time.

What's going on here?

Any ideas?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one - Similar Threads - Edge closes previous

2. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  3. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  4. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  7. How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time, we close the Edge browser in a rush and forget that there were few critical pages which you should have bookmarked. While you can, it is difficult to get all of them. In this post, we will [...] This post How to make Microsoft Edge launch with...
  8. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  9. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  10. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640