Windows 10: Edge closes unexpectedly

Discus and support Edge closes unexpectedly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My web browser Edge opens but closes unexpectedly and it is annoying that you are doing some research and it suddenly closes. How could that problem be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertHopper3, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Edge closes unexpectedly

My web browser Edge opens but closes unexpectedly and it is annoying that you are doing some research and it suddenly closes. How could that problem be solved with Edge?

:)

RobertHopper3, Apr 23, 2019
  2. R. P. W. Win User

MICROSOFT EDGE CLOSES UNEXPECTEDLY

I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet to stop Edge from self-closing. I then uninstalled Trusteer and the problem was resolved. I will be contacting Trusteer to find the solution they may have, as I've seen no work around suggestions
    in from Microsoft Edge help pages.

R. P. W., Apr 24, 2019
  3. MICROSOFT EDGE CLOSES UNEXPECTEDLY

t present edge only allows I tab at a time. If you try and open a second tab, Edge closes down

When I first used Windows 10, Edge worked very well. But for the last 3 days EDGE only allows one tab at a time. If you want a new search, Edge closes down and you have to start Edge again

The suggestion that I use windows problem solver but it could not find any no problem

A. George

Bartlington, Apr 24, 2019
  4. pangeaLC Win User

Edge closes unexpectedly

answers.microsoft.com unexpectedly closed the connection

Yesterday I posted a question here on answers.microsoft.com and this morning I wanted to check to see if there were any replies and I got this message:

This site can’t be reached

answers.microsoft.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

I'm using Google Chrome. I tried accessing the site in Edge and Firefox and both connected fine. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this issue?

pangeaLC, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Edge closes unexpectedly

1. Edge closes unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Edge closes unexpectedly

2. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  3. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  4. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  5. edge closing

edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  6. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  7. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

"Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  8. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...
  9. Skype closes only unexpectedly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype closes only unexpectedly: I open Skype and it closes only unexpectedly. What should I do to make Skype work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-closes-only-unexpectedly/eab07354-ee20-4866-9232-6bfbcfc1de9c"
  10. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task manager closes unexpectedly

2. edge browser closes suddenly

3. microsoft edge closing unexpectedly

4. edge browser closing unexpectedly