Windows 10: Edge closes when minimized

Discus and support Edge closes when minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Peanut6, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Peanut6 Win User

Edge closes when minimized

Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you

:)

Peanut6, Oct 28, 2018

2. Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Ryan1972 Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

Hi and thanks for responding. I hope these details and attached images help:

• As you can see in the attached, Edge has now minimize or restore down option.
    • Right clicking also shows minimize and restore but they are grayed out.
    • I did reboot as another responder suggested but there was no change.
    • The issue seems to only apply to "apps." Other full applications like the Office suite have all of the normal options to minimize, etc. The ones that seem built in to Windows 10 are the ones that I can only close - Photos, Calculator, Camera, etc.
      Edge closes when minimized 0f887985-039a-4d75-b6e2-db54305ab61c.png

Ryan1972, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Edge closes when minimized

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Edge closes when minimized

1. Edge closes when minimized - Similar Threads - Edge closes minimized

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  5. Apps are being closed when minimized

Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  6. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  7. Apps close when minimizing them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps close when minimizing them: Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click certain apps, they will just automatically close and I’ll have to re-launch them. The same thing happens when I click minimize....
  8. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  9. Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

in Browsers and Email
    Minimize Edge, and it disappears?: Hey guys/gals, I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 14316.rs1_release, 160402-2217. Every time I minimize the Edge Browser, it minimizes fine, but then I go to click on the edge logo on my taskbar, and it pulls up a new window, I can't get back to the window I had open before. I've...
  10. Edge will not play streamed music when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not play streamed music when minimized: Edge will not play streamed music when minimized, it has to be open on the desktop, from latest builds This is somewhat annoying, but not a deal breaker. FYI 6558

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge close when minimized

2. microsoft edge closes itself after i minimize it

3. why edge is closing if i minimse

4. edge closes with minimise,
  5. edge window disappears,
  6. when i minimize edge it disappears,
  7. edge closes after being minimized,
  8. edge closes when minimised,
  9. edge youtube play when minimized 2019