Windows 10: Edge closing PDF files on its own

Discus and support Edge closing PDF files on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Patrick Zapatero, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Edge closing PDF files on its own

When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software. BTW, I did not ask for Edge nor its incumbent problems!

:)

Patrick Zapatero, Aug 18, 2020

2. Edge closing PDF files on its own

When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software. BTW, I did not ask for Edge nor its incumbent problems!

Patrick Zapatero, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps to print the page.

• Open the pdf file you want to print in Edge.
    • Press Ctrl + P key to open print option.
    • Select the Printer and desired page layout.
    • Click on Print and check if it works.
    To search any words in the Edge PDF viewer, press Ctrl + F and type the desired words in find box in left top corner of the browser and search.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Edge closing PDF files on its own

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Edge closing PDF files on its own

1. Edge closing PDF files on its own - Similar Threads - Edge closing PDF

2. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  3. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  4. Search box constantly opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box constantly opening and closing on its own: Over 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my Windows to 11 and recently since yesterday, my search box keeps opening and closing on its own at times. In fact, it sometimes just closes on its own when I open it and try to search for something. Here's another issue, the Windows Input...
  5. Search box constantly opening and closing on its own

Search box constantly opening and closing on its own: Over 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my Windows to 11 and recently since yesterday, my search box keeps opening and closing on its own at times. In fact, it sometimes just closes on its own when I open it and try to search for something. Here's another issue, the Windows Input...
  6. Application closing on its own every 72 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application closing on its own every 72 hours: Hello, Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by windows. No crash report no lock up or anything. It revieves a close message from windows for some reason. We have checked...
  7. windows settings closing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings closing on its own: when i open my settings and click on a category the settings app just closes on itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-closing-on-its-own/f7e242d2-72be-4c4e-90bc-197bd7917709
  8. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own: Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very faint circle where the cursor lands. Sometimes it blinks for a bit and then I can use it again. Sometimes it takes logging...
  9. Edge has its own sets of fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has its own sets of fonts: Just a curiosity, but Edge has 2 private sets of fonts located in: \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\Fonts called BrowserMDL.ttf [img] containing the browsers Asset characters and ReadMDL2.ttf [img] Containing...
  10. Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge)

Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge): To who may solve this problem: Since upgrading (much to my will) to Win 10, I have been confronted with a highly vexing situation. Indeed, whatever I do or tweak, either directly with a right click or via Control Panel, using various methods to dedicate a certain file...