Windows 10: Edge compatibility with certain sites

Discus and support Edge compatibility with certain sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jan 19, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

Edge compatibility with certain sites

I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums

In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems. But, when I get into individual threads, for example, and try to scroll though them, either scrolling slows down to very slow or stops.

It would seem to be a setting in Edge, as I have another desktop (my recording studio backup system) with the same version of Win 10 (Pro 64 bit) and it does not do it in that system.

I've reset, to default, all the settings I could find in Edge.

I've seen a post from one other person with the same problem. That person's post was never responded to. I had another thread on this subject and it too was never responded to, but I didn't explain the symptoms as good.

:)

fireberd, Jan 19, 2016
  2. MlmXA Win User

Edge cannot open certain sites

Using Microsoft 10 and Edge browser, I so far have encountered two sites that will not open; they both will open when I use Internet Explorer. Both sites are financial, one a bank and the other a brokerage. Could this be a security issue? Although I'm
    sticking with Edge for now, it is a pain to have to bring up IE whenever I want to go to either of these sites. Is there a fix in the works?

MlmXA, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Edge cannot open certain sites

It happens due to time out . Use IE 11 or another browser . Restart the connection

leopard_jumps, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Edge compatibility with certain sites

have you looked in the developer settings by going to about:flags in the address bar

Edge compatibility with certain sites [​IMG]

setting is off on mine and I can use the cakewalk forums with no issues

paulsalter, Jan 19, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    I was curious, so I just looked at mine at it is unchecked too.

However, I put a check mark in the box and re-launched Edge again to see if there was any difference, and I cold not detect any. As far as I could tell, both links, as well as the threads or anything else I that I tried (clicked) seems to work fine.

(I am using 1511 / 10586.63)

Edge compatibility with certain sites [​IMG]

6. fireberd Win User
    It works OK on my other Win 10 system, which has a production version of Win 10 and also the preview version (dual boot) and both of those work OK.

Something is not kosher in this Edge version. I can use I.E.11 or Firefox on this system and it works OK, just Edge.

My Win 10 is the same version as you have. All updates applied.

fireberd, Jan 20, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    I unchecked the "Use Microsoft Compatibility List" in the About:flags and both of the sites I had problems with are now OK.

I'm not going to mark this solved as I want to run for a while to make sure and that it hasn't screwed up some other sites.

Thanks for the about:flags list, I didn't know about that.

fireberd, Jan 20, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

Update, unchecking use Microsoft compatibility lists seems to have fixed the Cakewalk forum problem, but not musiciansfriend.com

However, it has to be something deeper as my other PC that has Win 10 and Win 10 preview versions does not do it and that option is not disabled.

Back to the "drawing board".

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge compatibility with certain sites - Similar Threads - Edge compatibility certain

2. Accessing certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing certain sites: I am having problems with certain websites. After logging in; the site will not load my account information. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-certain-sites/e9ba91fd-d911-41ec-b1b3-e2a50e44d145
  3. I cant connect to certain sites

I cant connect to certain sites: last 2 months of using microsoft edge was fine, but last week when i try to go on to certain sites like epic games, gamejolt, etc. it doesn't want to connect to the site i used network diagnostics and it showed this The device or resource web proxy is not set up to accept...
  4. Unable to load certain sites

Unable to load certain sites: Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger, Netflix, and Reddit. Do these websites have something in common? I don't think my network is the problem because I can access...
  5. Can't connect to certain web sites

Can't connect to certain web sites: I keep getting the following message"Can't connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafeTLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website owners" Bearing in mind that people like AMEX and other bank site are affected ,I...
  6. Dell can't connect to certain sites

Dell can't connect to certain sites: I have a dell (Inspiron 7558) and so some reason, I can't connect to certain sites. Messages like the one billow will appear. This site can’t be reached T he connection was reset. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows...
  7. Edge compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge compatibility: How do I delete Edge? will cost me $300 to use outlook to access my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/edge-compatibility/0bb90263-4e16-4b7b-af9f-26986d9f731c
  8. Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites: TL;DR - All web browser close when I try to log into my WoW account ( Battle.net Account Login ) On Tuesday, 05Jul16, morning I tried to open my battle.net launcher and it stated that I couldn't connect to the battle.net severs. I went onto the blizzard forums and tried to...
  9. Chrome not pulling up certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not pulling up certain sites: For the past several builds my chrome has issues pulling up random sites. Sometimes the sites will pull up fine and then other times my browser will say err_connection_timed_out . I usually have to hit refresh 5-6 times before the site will actually load up. I know the sites...
  10. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge: Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933