Windows 10: Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

Discus and support Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this has already been covered or not but I'm trying to remove two bloatware apps from windows pro 1903. I'm able to remove them fine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrWhispers, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

Not sure if this has already been covered or not but I'm trying to remove two bloatware apps from windows pro 1903.
    I'm able to remove them fine but wont be able to use windows update afterwords as I will get errors trying to update.

NOTE: In past builds I was able to remove them and update. *shrugs*

Below is what I used to remove and the errors it gives trying to update when packages are removed.

install_wim_tweak.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Internet-Browser-Package /r
    Microsoft.Edge Pkg Removal will give Window Update Error. 0x800f081f

install_wim_tweak.exe /o /c Microsoft-PPIProjection-Package /r
    Microsoft.PPIProjection (Miracast) Gives different WU Error. 0x800f0982

Maybe is there a new method to remove this crap with still being able to use windows update ?
    If so can anyone please chime in I'd appreciate that thanks...

Version 18362.449

:)

MrWhispers, Nov 6, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 6, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

1. Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors - Similar Threads - Edge Connect Removal

2. WU Error 800f0922

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU Error 800f0922: Split from this thread. Hi. I am hoping to piggy back into this thread as I'm having the same error 800f0922 and the replies are quite recent. I expanded my reserve file to way more than it needed to be...9GB and didn't seem to be the issue as other posts on the web alluded...
  3. WU Error 800f0922

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU Error 800f0922: Split from this thread. Hi. I am hoping to piggy back into this thread as I'm having the same error 800f0922 and the replies are quite recent. I expanded my reserve file to way more than it needed to be...9GB and didn't seem to be the issue as other posts on the web alluded...
  4. WU Error 800f0922

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  6. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  7. Can't fix WU Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't fix WU Error: I have tried all the suggestions but cannot fix WU. I get error 0x8007000d when I try to install the suggested updates. I finally got the .NET update to install but none of the cumulative updates will. They all error with that code. 168104
  8. New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Microsoft Edge Browser WU - no choice?: Today on 2 PCs there was an Update to install the new MS Edge browser. Both systems on metered connection settings (soft setting - not registry edit), it downloaded and installed in the background - no warning. Installed successfully on one PC, unsuccessful on the laptop. No...
  9. Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge/Connect Removal Gives WU Errors: Not sure if this has already been covered or not but I'm trying to remove two bloatware apps from windows pro 1903. I'm able to remove them fine but wont be able to use windows update afterwords as I will get errors trying to update. NOTE: In past builds I was able to remove...
  10. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.: Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu. Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit...