Windows 10: Edge crashes when entering reader mode

Discus and support Edge crashes when entering reader mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell venue 8 pro that just updated to 1903. I waited for MS to push the update. Now, when I click reading view on any site, the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by puppydawgy, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Edge crashes when entering reader mode

Hi,

I have a Dell venue 8 pro that just updated to 1903. I waited for MS to push the update. Now, when I click reading view on any site, the browser tries to accommodate me, but reloads the page in standard view.

I have tried to create a new local account and reinstall Edge, but it doesn't work. I even put a fresh install of 1903 on. Any ideas?

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 9/3/2019 11:43:28 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Readerpro
    Description:
    Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version: 11.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xd136022b
    Faulting module name: edgehtml.dll, version: 11.0.18362.295, time stamp: 0x83a13272
    Exception code: 0xc00001ad
    Fault offset: 0x005e383c
    Faulting process id: 0x26e0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d562ebade008b5
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll
    Report Id: 5bdd5c44-0be6-4070-80aa-9fc4648ae987
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.267.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-04T06:43:28.363452300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>506</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Readerpro</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe</Data>
    <Data>11.0.18362.1</Data>
    <Data>d136022b</Data>
    <Data>edgehtml.dll</Data>
    <Data>11.0.18362.295</Data>
    <Data>83a13272</Data>
    <Data>c00001ad</Data>
    <Data>005e383c</Data>
    <Data>26e0</Data>
    <Data>01d562ebade008b5</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll</Data>
    <Data>5bdd5c44-0be6-4070-80aa-9fc4648ae987</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.267.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>MicrosoftEdge</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

David

:)

puppydawgy, Sep 4, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Edge crashes when entering reader mode

Acrobat reader in kiosk mode

Hi,

I'm trying to use Acrobat Reader instead of Edge in kiosk mode in order to show a pdf but I can't understand how to add Acrobat to the list of application that are allowed to work under kiosk mode

thanks in advance

Enrco

EnricoRollo, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Edge crashes when entering reader mode

1. Edge crashes when entering reader mode - Similar Threads - Edge crashes entering

2. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  3. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  4. Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode: About a week ago O got a blue screen with the stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and it said that FLTMGR.SYS failed, after a reboot, it never happened again, but since then, every time I select "sleep" from the power options, my PC crash. At first it looks normal, the screen...
  5. UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode: Hi, my computer recently started to crash when it enters sleep mode. When I leave it alone and come back to it, it's restarted. I'm using a Focusrite audio interface and I had issues with newer driver versions before so I used an old one until it started to crash as well....
  6. Is there a way to make Edge immediately go into reader mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make Edge immediately go into reader mode?: Hi all! Basically, I'm wondering if there's a way (perhaps an extension or something would work, but I'm not aware of one) to make Microsoft Edge immediately go into immersive reader when it's available for a website. Thanks! submitted by /u/shoeq123456 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: I have had this issue for about two months, and only happens when the computer transitions to sleep mode. Hibernation mode does not cause any crashes. Any ideas? This is the most recent error message I am getting from the Reliability Check. NOTE: I have checked all my...
  8. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot: So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop. Again, that's only...
  9. Dark Mode in Reader View on Edge Canary is now here!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode in Reader View on Edge Canary is now here!: Make sure you're up to date, and copy and paste this into your address bar! #edge-reading-view-text-preference submitted by /u/MSFTBear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cwr8ci/dark_mode_in_reader_view_on_edge_canary_is_now/
  10. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: Hello, A week ago I (finally) updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Soon I realized my laptop kept running when I closed the screen. Yesterday I tried the shortcut to get it in sleep mode and saw the blue crash screen pop-up when it enters sleep mode. It gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge crashes when entering data into a form

2. faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe version: 11.0.18362.1