Windows 10: Edge crashes when google used as default search

Discus and support Edge crashes when google used as default search in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I set google to the default search in setttings/privacy/address bar, Edge crashes when I enter the 2nd character in the URL field. When I change... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by martik777, Jul 30, 2020.

1. martik777 Win User

Edge crashes when google used as default search

When I set google to the default search in setttings/privacy/address bar, Edge crashes when I enter the 2nd character in the URL field. When I change it back to bing it works correctly.

Win10 V 19041.388 Edge 84.0.522.49

:)

martik777, Jul 30, 2020

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Edge crashes when google used as default search

Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Edge crashes when google used as default search

1. Edge crashes when google used as default search - Similar Threads - Edge crashes google

2. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  3. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  4. Google Default Search

in Cortana
  5. Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search: . I have Edge 91.0.864.41 in Win 10 Pro. In the Edge Settings, I have "Google" in the option: Search engine used in the address bar. For years, even with Chrome, I ignored the Google search box, and started my search by inserting my pointer in the URL bar. I did that even if...
  6. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  7. Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?: Using Windows 10 Home After pressing Windows key, typing a word, then clicking on 'word' - see web results, Edge opens to a Bing search page. I must have missed something when setting Windows up after a recent fresh install 1 How can I change the search engine from Bing...
  8. Google Search not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search not working in Edge: I have google.com.au set as home page as I mainly start browsing with a search. I first started to have problems last night when opening a new TAB for a new search and selecting Home page rather than using the Bing search on the new TAB. As soon as I start typing the search...
  9. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  10. Use chrome/google as default for search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Use chrome/google as default for search results: How can I -Use chrome/google for search results Currently when we type anything into the taskbar search, it launches Edge + Bing to give the results. I would like it to use google and my chrome browser cos I find it gives better results. 8782