Windows 10: Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

Discus and support Edge crashing when typing on search bar. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zorawski, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere.

submitted by /u/zorawski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zorawski, Jul 30, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jul 30, 2020
  3. MajorCFO Win User
    Cannot type in Edge address bar or search box

I have tried several different adjustments, but I cannot type anything into the Edge address bar or search box. I get the blinking cursor, but it will not accept anything. Any suggestions on how to use this beast?

MajorCFO, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Here is how you can stop Microsoft Edge browser from showing you search suggestions in the address bar:

• Press the hotkey Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type
      gpedit.msc
      in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Group Policy Editor.
    • In the Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Microsoft Edge
    • Double-click on the Stop address bar from showing search suggestions setting in the right-side panel.
    • In the settings window, select Disabled and then click OK.
    That’s it. The settings apply as soon as you click on the OK button. Now if you open the Microsoft Edge web browser and try typing something in the address bar, then you won’t see any search suggestions. You can obviously revert the setting by following
    exactly the same steps and choosing Not Configured or Enabled in the last step and saving the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

1. Edge crashing when typing on search bar. - Similar Threads - Edge crashing typing

2. typing issue in search bar

in Cortana
    typing issue in search bar: I cant type in the search bar of Windows 10. I have tried different keyboard and to the fact that I can type in the browser so it is not keyboard problem. Only in search bar I having problem...
  3. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  4. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

in Cortana
    Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.: Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-1-letter-in-the-search-bar-causes-it-to/68a0eaec-75e5-43d8-833a-771bf41a1068
  5. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  6. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  7. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  8. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something: Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has...
  9. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...
  10. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge crashes when typing

2. edge crashes when typing