Windows 10: Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

Discus and support Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alice Peacock, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no longer at university and the account doesn't exist anymore or is blocked. It had been associating all my saved history/favourites/passwords with that log in for some reason. I imagine this is not something I can recover?If this isn't something I can recover, I need to set up a new profile and start from scratch. I am trying to do this with my personal outlook account however I cannot do this without logging in with a PIN. I do not have a PIN an

:)

Alice Peacock, Mar 18, 2023
  2. tony359 Win User

Edge refusing to delete passwords

Hello all,

I've started using a password manager and I am trying to tell Edge that I want all the stored passwords deleted - they are now handled by the password manager.

I followed the last step of your tutorial here: How to Delete Saved Passwords for Sites in Microsoft Edge Chromium

However, when I select Passwords (I have 700+) and I confirm, Edge takes me back to the previous screen but passwords are not being deleted. I can try as much as I want, passwords are always displayed - and suggested, despite the "offer to save password" is disabled.

Any help please?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

quick update

I did not realise that I can navigate to the "Passwords" screen and select them all. Then delete them all. So, problem solved.

Still, the option to remove all the passwords in "clear browsing data" does not work Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect... :)

Thanks!

tony359, Mar 18, 2023
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect... 651d1535074622t-deleting-administrator-account-w-o-having-password-nonadmin-credentialui-cleaned.png

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

Thema:

Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

1. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect... - Similar Threads - Edge deleted passwords

2. How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete an old school account from my computer?: Hey!I want to delete this top user-email. It is an old email from my old school which access has been terminated/blocked. Whenever I press 'remove' on my personal account, it has no problem whatsoever deleting it. The problem is that there is no such button for the school...
  3. How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete an old school account from my computer?: Hey!I want to delete this top user-email. It is an old email from my old school which access has been terminated/blocked. Whenever I press 'remove' on my personal account, it has no problem whatsoever deleting it. The problem is that there is no such button for the school...
  4. Help I cant login to my pc because my school account got deleted

Help I cant login to my pc because my school account got deleted: So i got home after I graduated. But I cant login anymore in to my home computer because the student account that was on there doesn’t exist anymore. When I was installing windows on it a few years ago I used my student account because I got a free windows license from my...
  5. Help I cant login to my pc because my school account got deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help I cant login to my pc because my school account got deleted: So i got home after I graduated. But I cant login anymore in to my home computer because the student account that was on there doesn’t exist anymore. When I was installing windows on it a few years ago I used my student account because I got a free windows license from my...
  6. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...: After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no longer at university and the account doesn't exist anymore or is blocked. It had been associating all my saved...
  7. Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge deleted all my passwords because it was on an old school account. I now can't connect...: After the latest update, Edge deleted all my saved profile options because I could no longer sign into the student account it had been using as I am no longer at university and the account doesn't exist anymore or is blocked. It had been associating all my saved...
  8. Cant change password because of an old school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change password because of an old school account: I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft...
  9. Cant change password because of an old school account

Cant change password because of an old school account: I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft...
  10. Can't Remove Old School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Old School Account: Hi all,My University uses Outlook as our email service provider, and so I had my student email linked to my computer to provide access to our Microsoft 365 programs. However, recently they updated our email servers, and in doing so all of our old emails became defunct;...