Windows 10: edge desktop

Discus and support edge desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It"s nice to see the new update on edge, but you still need to make it easier to click on something and put it on the desktop with having the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendaDower, Mar 24, 2020.

1. edge desktop

It"s nice to see the new update on edge, but you still need to make it easier to click on something and put it on the desktop with having the whole file follow it. Make it like it was on the original microsoft. You would right click on am item and you could put it on the desk top or even in documents without having the whole file being transparent and showing on the desktop, I know it's not that difficult, But you seem to make it that way!

:)

BrendaDower, Mar 24, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
  3. How do I get a shortcut app or icon to desktop from microsoft edge such as club pogo

Hi Pat Ruble,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

You may create shortcut in desktop. Follow the below steps.

• Open the desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step 2 by pasting the URL
      by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 24, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

edge desktop

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

edge desktop

1. edge desktop - Similar Threads - edge desktop

2. Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about the issue of the Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB (Remote Desktop Web Access) being missing from the default […] This article Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  3. How do I get my search history on Edge mobile to not show up on my desktop task view?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my search history on Edge mobile to not show up on my desktop task view?: I use Microsoft Edge as my default browser on my phone. So whenever I open a link on Instagram or Reddit, it doesn't necessarily open that link in the browser app itself, but it uses the browser nontheless. This has become a bit of a problem on my work computer, as I...
  4. How do I get my search history on Edge mobile to not show up on my desktop task view?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my search history on Edge mobile to not show up on my desktop task view?: I use Microsoft Edge as my default browser on my phone. So whenever I open a link on Instagram or Reddit, it doesn't necessarily open that link in the browser app itself, but it uses the browser nontheless. This has become a bit of a problem on my work computer, as I...
  5. Edge Home Screen/Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Home Screen/Desktop: I used my desktop Windows 10 touchscreen on my new Dell Inspiron 5488 AIO a big pain in the **** to do--about 6 steps; surely that can't be rightand when I toggled back to the mouse/keyboard the homescreen/desktop didn't revert to how it was originally. I have--I don't know...
  6. Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser?: Hi, newly returned to these forums after many years on Linux and a comment on the new Edge Browser (2020). When I go to sites like ZDnet or CNBC I only see what appears to be a mobile version of the site. They display a desktop version perfectly in Firefox or Chrome. How can...
  7. Cannot use IE and put shortcuts on desktop with latest Edge

Cannot use IE and put shortcuts on desktop with latest Edge: My workflow for 20 years is to place and delete shortcuts to links on my desktop. I downloaded the latest Edge and the link to "open with internet explorer" under more tools in Edge is GONE. How can I do this. I mean a couple clicks and I have a shortcut with proper icon on...
  8. Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2

Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2: I have a laptop w/2 monitors, total of 3. I've been using Edge for almost a year, it was on one of my extended monitors and stayed there, always opened up on this monitor. Now, after some update, or something, it opens up on the other extended monitor. Each time I boot up and...
  9. Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge)

Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge): My issue is actually two-fold, and very specific. I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. Ads on Hulu will not play through Edge or the desktop Hulu app. They do play in other browsers. I have no ad blocking software or extensions. Hulu believes Windows Defender is...
  10. How to fix desktop edges that are partially hidden after Windows 10 update?

How to fix desktop edges that are partially hidden after Windows 10 update?: How to fix desktop edges that are partially hidden after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-desktop-edges-that-are-partially-hidden/6c6e4c85-0451-4637-a09c-26dd59e22109