Windows 10: edge desktop

Discus and support edge desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It"s nice to see the new update on edge, but you still need to make it easier to click on something and put it on the desktop with having the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendaDower, Mar 24, 2020.

1. edge desktop

It"s nice to see the new update on edge, but you still need to make it easier to click on something and put it on the desktop with having the whole file follow it. Make it like it was on the original microsoft. You would right click on am item and you could put it on the desk top or even in documents without having the whole file being transparent and showing on the desktop, I know it's not that difficult, But you seem to make it that way!

:)

BrendaDower, Mar 24, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
  3. How do I get a shortcut app or icon to desktop from microsoft edge such as club pogo

Hi Pat Ruble,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

You may create shortcut in desktop. Follow the below steps.

• Open the desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step 2 by pasting the URL
      by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 24, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

edge desktop

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

edge desktop

1. edge desktop - Similar Threads - edge desktop

2. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...: When I was approve by parent and also when entering the code in "My parent is here" and the screen is open again, there will always be a white box in the edge of the desktop screen...
  3. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...: When I was approve by parent and also when entering the code in "My parent is here" and the screen is open again, there will always be a white box in the edge of the desktop screen...
  4. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...

How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...: How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the Gmail icon? I created the shortcut but it defaulted to the Edge icon. When Gmail is pinned to my taskbar, the Gmail icon appears same for Ravelry pin vs. shortcut. Minor vexation here as...
  6. How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...: How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the Gmail icon? I created the shortcut but it defaulted to the Edge icon. When Gmail is pinned to my taskbar, the Gmail icon appears same for Ravelry pin vs. shortcut. Minor vexation here as...
  7. I had an Edge floating search searching box on my desktop. After the latest update it has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had an Edge floating search searching box on my desktop. After the latest update it has...: My Edge floating desktop search box has disappeared. I need it back as my eyesight is not as good as it used to be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-an-edge-floating-search-searching-box-on-my/a7c01d89-5458-4f31-b81d-7e7abd06d8d2
  8. I had an Edge floating search searching box on my desktop. After the latest update it has...

I had an Edge floating search searching box on my desktop. After the latest update it has...: My Edge floating desktop search box has disappeared. I need it back as my eyesight is not as good as it used to be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-an-edge-floating-search-searching-box-on-my/a7c01d89-5458-4f31-b81d-7e7abd06d8d2
  9. Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!: Hi,I recently bought a USB Microphone for my desktop. It's working fine when using a Windows voice recorder and OBS. But when i tried to use it on Edge or Chrome there was distortion when i spoke and the audio quality was not good compared the what i got in Windows Voice...
  10. Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!

Mic Distortion when using on EDGE and Chrome. All desktop apps works fine!: Hi,I recently bought a USB Microphone for my desktop. It's working fine when using a Windows voice recorder and OBS. But when i tried to use it on Edge or Chrome there was distortion when i spoke and the audio quality was not good compared the what i got in Windows Voice...