Windows 10: Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed

Discus and support Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I uninstalled Edge browser with a script. After this I can't install cumulative updates. So I tried to install it back again using a script in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nicoliani, Oct 10, 2019.

1. nicoliani Win User

Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed

I uninstalled Edge browser with a script. After this I can't install cumulative updates.

So I tried to install it back again using a script in PowerShell, but it doesn't work.

As a last resort I created an installation media and performed a clean install. To my surprise it didn't install Edge browser, I really don't know why because this was a clean install. Could it be that the installation media when being created sensed that Edge wasn't on my system and somehow didn't include it?

I have tried all ways to install these updates, offline file update, cleaning the update folder, resetting the update services, renaming the folders as described by other tutorials, still my updates fail. I think I have broken my Windows and will never be able to install updates.

I don't know if creating an installation media for Windows 10 May 2019 Update and installing it through a USB will get me the latest cumulative updates and maybe bring back Edge back. But I really don't know since the clean install didn't do anything to solve the Edge disappearance issue.

I even installed the BETA Edge browser, but still can't install cumulative updates.

:)

nicoliani, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Ffej150 Win User

Performance issues related to Microsoft Edge

Yes, I meant Microsoft Edge will not open after todays update. I tried every step and procedure you listed above, but none of them resolved the issue. Update history reports the update was installed successfully. I could not perform method 2 listed above
    as Edge will not open. it appears for approximately 2 seconds with its blue start page, then disappears.

Ffej150, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed

edge icon and app disappearing!

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below method and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Edge
    • Right click on Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to taskbar

Method 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed

1. Edge disappeared and no cumulative updates are performed - Similar Threads - Edge disappeared cumulative

2. Windows Update error after performing cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update error after performing cumulative update: Hello, A short while ago I updated my Windows 10 PC to the latest version 22H2. After restarting my PC, I checked for updates again as usual and it attempted to install a security update KB5034441. This update continuously fails with error code 0x80070643. I have tried...
  3. Windows Update error after performing cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update error after performing cumulative update: Hello, A short while ago I updated my Windows 10 PC to the latest version 22H2. After restarting my PC, I checked for updates again as usual and it attempted to install a security update KB5034441. This update continuously fails with error code 0x80070643. I have tried...
  4. Windows Update error after performing cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  6. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  7. Windows won't perform Cumulative Updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't perform Cumulative Updates.: Whenever I've tried to update my Windows Laptop, the update downloads, installs until 95%, and then shows "Windows couldn't perform update. Undoing changes." This has been happening since 1909, so it's not a recent issue. My desktop seems to be doing just fine, and feature...
  8. Edge performance delays:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge performance delays:: Hi my apps are both websites & desktop apps; in Edge they are slowed down as desktop apps. Ideas? E.g. can the app ask for IE? or can the app pretend to be website? Can the app ask Edge to relent? Thanks Tom Colwill...
  9. Edge performance and Reliability

in Browsers and Email
    Edge performance and Reliability: Today I tried to figure out what is causing Edge to freeze a couple of minutes after first launch, for 1-2 minutes, before becoming responsive again. (Microsoft Edge Manager running at 100% on 1 core) What I did, was completely disabling Cortana via reg edit. (since this...
  10. JavaScript performance updates in Microsoft Edge and Chakra

in Windows 10 News
    JavaScript performance updates in Microsoft Edge and Chakra: Since we first started work on the Chakra JavaScript engine, it has been our mission and priority to make JavaScript faster for the real world web, and to continuously improve the experience of browsing in Microsoft Edge (and previously Internet Explorer). We’ve had a very...