Windows 10: Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English

Discus and support Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wikipedia and Bing display pages in German and then translate into English.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abvod, Mar 28, 2021.

1. abvod Win User

Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English

Wikipedia and Bing display pages in German and then translate into English.

:)

abvod, Mar 28, 2021

2. Bing Translator App can only display German

Bing Translator App can only display German while my windows display language is English UK. How can I turn the translator to the English version?
    Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English 38be5518-6925-4c6c-8c52-8dda36376aec.png

KnyckVölker, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Why is the German Windows translation so bad?

Starting with Windows 10, the German translation got really bad.

There is a
    Style Guide
    (from 2014) mentioning several rules on 102 pages.

• Why are these rules not followed in Windows 10?
    • Are there enough competent translators?
    • Is there a dedicated QA team for the translations?
    • Why is this style guide 2.5 years old? There must have been some possible improvements to it during that time.
    Examples for bad translations:

• Generally the "Sie" salutation is used, but in several places "Du". Press Windows, A, Backspace to see an example.
    • In Windows Defender, the sentence "Update definitions" meaning "Update the definitions" is translated as "Updatedefinitionen", which means "The update definitions". (There are several more of this kind.)
    • In Windows Defender, the long text in the Update tab mentions an "Aktualisieren" button, but that button is labelled "Updatedefinitionen", making it double-wrong.

RolandIllig, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English

How can to translate a page on Edge?

How can to translate a page on Edge?

varga daniel, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English

1. Edge displays pages in German and translates them to English - Similar Threads - Edge displays pages

2. Windows in German but the Contacts app in English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in German but the Contacts app in English: Hi Community, I am ripping my hair out because there is no solution to this. I have windows 10 installed in German, I have all the german language packs installed, everything is in German except the Contacts app. How on earth do I change the contact app to German? When I open...
  3. Windows in German but the Contacts app in English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows in German but the Contacts app in English: Hi Community, I am ripping my hair out because there is no solution to this. I have windows 10 installed in German, I have all the german language packs installed, everything is in German except the Contacts app. How on earth do I change the contact app to German? When I open...
  4. German-English translator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  5. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  6. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Translator English-Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  8. when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.

when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.: Dears , Is there any methods we could fix this problem. why there is a few part still in chinese? I also change the Administrative Language to chinese, But no effect on these display. [ATTACH]...
  9. English/German Keyboard-language issue

English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...
  10. Translation English to persian

Translation English to persian: Translation English to persian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translation-english-to-persian/f194df8d-e828-4ee2-92a3-b75ab1c5af89