Windows 10: Edge does not connect to internet

Discus and support Edge does not connect to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Silver Rob, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Edge does not connect to internet

Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings.

I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try and rectify. No result. However I still have Internet explorer installed and thought I would try that. Low and behold here I am on IE looking for solution (it works). Edge has been working previously OK. I have got used to Edge and also the fact IE is now being considered old hat I would appreciate your help with possible solution. Thank you.

:)

Silver Rob, Oct 26, 2019

2. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2019
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Edge does not connect to internet

Cannot connect to Internet using Edge after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Yash,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

• Let us know if you're using any proxy settings?
    If you're using, then I would suggest you to disable that in Internet Explorer as the settings of Internet Explorer applies for Microsoft Edge. Follow the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on tools icon on the top-right corner of the screen and click on
      Internet Options.
    • Select Connections tab, then click on LAN settings
      and uncheck the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Edge does not connect to internet

1. Edge does not connect to internet - Similar Threads - Edge does connect

2. Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading: I'm writing this connected to my hotspot.The wifi connection has internet, I verified by using in my phone and tablet. But when I connect it using laptop I can't access edge, troubleshoot options. I even tried it with firefoxI did reset my router, check blocked devices and...
  3. Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Connected with internet but Edge not loading: I'm writing this connected to my hotspot.The wifi connection has internet, I verified by using in my phone and tablet. But when I connect it using laptop I can't access edge, troubleshoot options. I even tried it with firefoxI did reset my router, check blocked devices and...
  4. Edge does not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  5. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  6. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/df481d11-8584-4b7c-813c-c619cd37a497
  7. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet: I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine (Chrome, Firefox). I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 before it got pulled. I tried all the helps out there (don't use a proxy,...
  8. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/b6ecb954-037f-405b-87f1-ed5ec6c0f28e
  9. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  10. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!: I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc. I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over...