Windows 10: Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

Discus and support Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to W10 & thought I'd try the new Edge browser but... 1] Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages. 2] Every time I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by klxdrt10, Aug 20, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

Hi,

I'm new to W10 & thought I'd try the new Edge browser but...

1] Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

2] Every time I open a new web or page & have to go thru the hamburger to reduce the magnification for the page to fit my new Asus game PC with 15.6" screen?

3] How do I set DDG as my preferred browser. Looked but can't find that option?

4] I have been using many browsers over the past 25+ yr & never ran into such a cattiwampus browser.

5] I use FF on my other PCs with no problems. Will W10 allow me to install FF or Pale Moon?

Regards & Thanks,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension

Of the browsers I've used/tried only IE is able to use the .mht format for a complete single file. When saving as a Complete page in other browsers there is the .htm/.html file but also a folder of the same name and extension of _files added to it.
    Firefox has this list for the save as:

Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages. [​IMG]

Berton, Aug 20, 2020
  3. How .html > .doc

To save the web page as HTML, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the web page that you want to save as HTML.
    • The Save As dialog window appears. Select Web Page, Complete in the Save as type dropdown.
    • The web page is now saved as a set of HTML file.

Do update us on how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

To import bookmarks from Firefox (or Chrome) to Microsoft Edge, you will have to use Internet Explorer:

• Open the web browser you wish to export bookmarks from, and export your bookmarks to an HTML file.
      • In Firefox, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+, click Import and Backup ->
        Export Bookmarks to HTML...
        [*]In Chrome, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[O], click Organize ->
        Export bookmarks to HTML file...

[*]Close Firefox/Chrome.
      [*]Open Internet Explorer (click Start, type "iexplore", and press [Enter]).

[*]Press [Alt]+[C], click the dropdown next to "Add to favorites", and click
      Import and export...

[*]Choose Import from a file and click [Next].
      [*]Follow the wizard and point it to the HTML file you saved in step 1.
      [*]Close Internet Explorer and open Microsoft Edge.
      [*]Click the Hub (three lines) toolbar icon and click the (dim)
      Import favorites link.
      [*]Choose to import your favorites from Internet Explorer, and click [Import].

That said, at this time my recommendation would be to stay with Firefox unless you're having problems with it stuttering/freezing on script intensive sites like Amazon. Firefox is currently the worlds fastest web browser (scoring just above Chrome but
    about twice as high as Edge according to
    FutureMark), and it supports more technologies than Edge. And if Microsoft's past record on security with IE continues, Firefox is a much safer choice too. Mozilla usually
    patches most zero-day vulnerabilities in days after discovery compared to Microsoft's historical months or even years. Not to mention that Firefox uses ClearType font rendering which is easier to read (if tuned correctly—Search -> "clear" -> click
    Adjust ClearType text) and is less choppy looking than Edge's Windows 9x/ME grayscale anti-aliasing font rendering.

Techie007L, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

1. Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages. - Similar Threads - Edge does recognize

2. I can't save html files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't save html files?: When I want to save an html file from the notepad it just doesn't save it. Does someone know why? submitted by /u/WinkyFace357 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jw0y5l/i_cant_save_html_files/
  3. Cannot download files from Firefox or Edge -...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot download files from Firefox or Edge -...: Hey, I'm having issues downloading certain files on my desktop PC (latest Windows 10). Things like https://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-2020.2.2.exe and https://manjaro.org/downloads/official/architect/ just cause an error with the message...
  4. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  5. Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension

in Browsers and Email
    Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension: On my system at least (Win10 2004): When one chooses Save as MHTML from Edge, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, or Brave the file extension comes up in the Save As Dialog window as .HTML instead of .MHTML The resulting HTML file is really a disguised MHTML file and does not open...
  6. Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black: Is there a way to change it back to white? [img] 117392
  7. Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black: Is there a way to change it back to white? [img] 117392
  8. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.: Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread listings, but when I go to read a thread, I get nothing but blank space where the messages should be. The avatars and user...
  9. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  10. Saving HTML page to view it offline

in Browsers and Email
    Saving HTML page to view it offline: Hello. While opening some sites, I want to save some pages, I right click on the page and save it as "web page complete". after it saved, I have one page and one folder - both same name. On double click on the page's name, windows 'edge' opens and starts loading endlessly,...