Windows 10: Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

Discus and support Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cosmo4209586, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection problem.

Firefox and Chrome both work fine. Indeed, I'm writing this in Firefox. Edge works fine on another Win10 machine on the same network.

Tried the following with no success:

• Turned off the Windows firewall;
    • Removed and reinstalled Edge;
    • Replaced the router;
    • Ran DISM;
    • Ran SFC

I'm out of ideas.

:)

Cosmo4209586, Oct 5, 2018

2. Edge Browser not working

I have the same problem. Internet Explorer is still here and works. Cortana works with web searches - only if I select other browsers. Edge just sits there showing favorites etc. but will not connect to any web site. Chrome and Firefox work fine. When
    I first open up Internet Explorer, it suggests that I click on the Edge icon and start using it but nothing happens.

TomBrieaddy, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

1. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine. - Similar Threads - Edge doesn't connect

2. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  3. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...: This article says so. Doest that mean I am not protected if I use Chrome for browsing? Confused right now. submitted by /u/JaxTellerr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glkqp3/is_it_true_that_windows_defender_doesnt_offer/
  7. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  8. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works: Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even though my default app is set to Google Chrome. Before, I use Macrium Reflect to restore my image, is there anything I can do to...
  9. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.: After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection problem. Firefox and Chrome both work fine. Indeed, I'm writing this in Firefox. Edge works fine on another Win10 machine on...
  10. Edge is not connecting to the net but others browsers do...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is not connecting to the net but others browsers do...: Not having Edge means some of the tiles do not work, Any that need your location, contact support, money, People etc.. Also I cannot add a user profile connecting my Hotmail account because it will not connect to the net.. I looked into the MS Community and Tech Net but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge doesnt connect

2. windows 10 edge no connection but ie is fine

3. Edge is not connecting to the net but others browsers do