Windows 10: Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls

Discus and support Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! Win10 FCU Edge - I install some extensions, all works fine. After that I makes some deep Win10 configuration for some days. But then all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Feruman, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Feruman Win User

Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls

Hello!

Win10 FCU Edge - I install some extensions, all works fine. After that I makes some deep Win10 configuration for some days. But then all extensions are gone from Edge!

I will detailed describe the situation...
    1. Clean Win10 FCU. I install many Edge extensions and all works fine.
    2. After some time, many updates, many windows configuration, etc, at some point two those extensions just disappear form Edge. At WinSettingsApplications all extensions shown faintly/muted.
    3. When through Edge I open MSStore and find those extensions - MSStore told me that extensions already installed but have some problem and to fix it they must be reinstalled... but after about 10 reinstalls - nothing is changed, most of them they still don't work.
    4. I uninstall all extensions from WinSettingsApplications and from StartMenu too. Reboot the PC.
    5. Open MSStore, found those extensions and install them afresh and only at this moment I have found one big different between new extensions that installs and works perfectly (uBlock,AdBlockPlus,MateTranslator,etc) and two those broken extensions... when at MSStore extension downloaded and installed - there new button appear "Launch/Start" - when I press that button at worked extensions - it's open Edge with new little panel appears with question to start or decline new extension! But with two those broken extensions after pressing the same button at MSStore - Edge opens but this panel with question DONT appear! instead the in Edge cursor focusing at the reload button! So two those extensions still does not work - its "Translator for Edge" and "AdBlocker Ultimate".

Any suggestions?

:)

Feruman, Feb 28, 2018

2. All extensions are gone

Hi Kathleen,

There are several causes associated with this issue. We would like to know more details about your concern so that we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What extensions do you mean? Is it the browser extensions or the add-ons?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Feb 28, 2018
  3. All extensions are gone

Add ons.

I am not good with computers. If I were I would have know that "cleaning up" my drive would delete extensions. So far all I've done is go through Recycle Bin. Is there a file somewhere where they may have been saved? I wish Google had some kind of support.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kathleen

KathleenLawler, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls

1. Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls - Similar Threads - Edge extensions are

2. Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!: Hi I have a bitcoin miner trojan or something that keeps popping up on Malwarebytes every time i reset pc. It has to be hiding as a fake Microsoft task program or something.. I delete and quarantine but they keep coming back? any suggestions?...
  3. Edge's extensions menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge's extensions menu.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5r058/edges_extensions_menu/
  4. Edge Extensions

Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  5. Edge extensions

Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  6. reinstall extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    reinstall extensions: My laptop is acting crazy, won't open browser sometimes, opens things I did not open. I received a message that my extensions were missing. It said some other things but I could not keep the window open long enough to read after several tries. I ran a complete diagnostics at...
  7. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  8. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  9. The new extensions for Edge don't work

in Browsers and Email
    The new extensions for Edge don't work: So I've just finished updating my Windows 10 to the new Version 1601 (aka the Anniversary update) and instantly went to install AdBlock. First of all AdBlock Plus didn't install correctly so it always prompted me to reinstall. I eventually gave up and installed regular...
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my edge extentions are gone