Windows 10: Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation

Discus and support Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a webextesion built to detect the current device name, upon installing this, Extension is displayed on edge for that particular user and for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Preetham Anandaram, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation

I have a webextesion built to detect the current device name, upon installing this, Extension is displayed on edge for that particular user and for other users who logs into the same machine are not able to see this extension on edge.

So, I want to install it for ALL USERS or Device based

I have followed the below link, but it gave me an unspecified error:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/164caad9-68f7-43c5-9a66-716b3b5a0a73/how-to-install-appx-packgage-for-all-users-using-addappxpackage-command-using-powershell-?forum=win10itprosetup

"DISM.EXE /Online /add-ProvisionedAppxPackage"

I want to deploy a specific extension on all user's Edge browser, how can I do that?

:)

Preetham Anandaram, Mar 23, 2020

2. Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

4. Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Thema:

Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation

1. Edge extensions for "All Users" OR "Device based" installation - Similar Threads - Edge extensions Users

2. How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge: You can prevent others from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Although extensions are supposed to enhance your user experience, at times, they might make things worse. You can therefore block others from...
  3. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing: Hi, We have a third party extension I need to install into Edge, it works in Chrome but for some reason having an issue installing and enabling it in Edge Chromium. The CRX files in located in C:\Program Files (X86)\..\.. as we are not using the Google store etc.. Has...
  4. Three million users installed 28 malicious Chrome or Edge extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Three million users installed 28 malicious Chrome or Edge extensions: [ATTACH] Extensions could redirect users to ads, phishing sites, collect user data, or download malware on infected systems. More than three million internet users are believed to have installed 15 Chrome, and 13 Edge extensions that contain malicious code, security firm...
  5. keepassxc integration into chromium based edge via extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keepassxc integration into chromium based edge via extension: I want to use KeePassXC version 2.5.4 on Windows 10 machine. Microsoft Edge chromium based Version 83.0.478.44 Official build 64-bit Now here is some problem, first see the screenshot where you can see that in installed app browser integration is done. [ATTACH] the...
  6. Edge extensions

Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  7. Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge

Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge: I have just switched from Chrome to the new Edge browser. What would be the best way to transfer the numerous Chrome extensions that I have to Edge? submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link] [comments]...
  8. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  9. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599