Windows 10: Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.

Discus and support Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm at a loss on this one. A friend asked me for help. He uses Edge. He claims he cleared his Edge browser cache and cookies and now when he goes on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by n2ubp, Feb 12, 2019.

1. n2ubp Win User

Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.

I'm at a loss on this one.
    A friend asked me for help.
    He uses Edge.
    He claims he cleared his Edge browser cache and cookies and now when he goes on Facebook pictures people post can no longer be seen.
    Only a placeholder describing the photo in text.
    If you go to the Facebook sign on screen it is text only.
    The first thing I did was try Facebook using Chrome and Firefox.
    They fail the same way so it is not browser specific.
    He has no problems when using facebook with his laptop computer.
    He does not seem to have any extensions or add ons installed that might affect any of the browsers.
    Since it affects all 3 web browsers I suspect he inadvertently changed some setting that had a system wide impact, but not sure where to start.
    His antivirus package in McAffee.

Any guidance appreciated.

Steve

:)

n2ubp, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

facebook is not working properly on windows edge

Thank you for the information you've provided.

If you wish to use Microsoft Edge, we suggest resetting it. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue when accessing Facebook:

• Search for “PowerShell” using Cortana.
    • Right-click the “Windows PowerShell” result, then select
      Run as administrator
    • Copy the following command, then paste it in the PowerShell window and press Enter to run it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}.
    • When the command completes, restart your PC (Start >
      Power
      > Restart).

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Website not rendering properly in Edge

Hi,

This issue might have occurred if the Developer Tool is ON in your Microsoft Edge, so I suggest you to press F12 when it occurs and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, try clearing cache and cookies. Follow the steps below:

• Click on the more actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and
      saved website data and Cached data and
      files
      and click on Clear.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Regards.

Robert Ant, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

Source: Making the web smoother with independent rendering - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly. - Similar Threads - Edge Facebook web

2. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  3. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  4. Web browsers don't render text or images properly (explanation below)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browsers don't render text or images properly (explanation below): [ATTACH] Hi. This happens across all the browsers I've used, and it's a fairly recent problem, only started happening about 1-2 weeks ago. As you can see, text is all messed up and this happens to images too. This happened in Microsoft Edge and Brave. Anyone...
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. Microsoft Edge not rendering preview and printed pages properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge not rendering preview and printed pages properly: Hi MS Community I have Win 10 64-bit, Office 365 and use the Latest version of Microsoft Edge Chromium NOT Beta. When I print from any webpage the rendered text and graphics are colliding on both the preview pane and printed output. I have all latest Win10 updates and...
  7. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  8. Internet Web Site Not Displaying Properly

Internet Web Site Not Displaying Properly: I have a new PC and have a annoying problem once in a while. When I open an internet page it usually displays fine, but sometimes it does not (see below). If the page does not display properly and I click on refresh, it displays fine. Can you tell me how to eliminate the...
  9. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  10. Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge: Independent rendering allows the browser to selectively offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, so they can be rendered with minimal impact to the user interface thread and the overall visible performance characteristics page, such as silk-smooth scrolling,...