Windows 10: Edge Favorites Bar Order

Discus and support Edge Favorites Bar Order in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pmokover, Aug 23, 2015.

1. pmokover Win User

Edge Favorites Bar Order

Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)?

Thanks
    Peter

:)

pmokover, Aug 23, 2015

2. Tabs

Hi and Welcome!

Are you using Microsoft Edge? Or Internet Explorer 11?

If you are using Microsoft Edge, then the order of the Favorites Bar needs to be customized within the Favorites menu found from the top left "three lined" icon. Select Favorites, then Favorites bar and change the order there.

Masterchiefxx17, Aug 23, 2015
  3. mudclam Win User
    In Microsoft Edge (Win 10), how can I move a link from Favorites List to Favorites Bar?

Dragging a link in Favorites List and dropping it on a bold pipe on the Favorites Bar, as I did when using Internet Explorer, doesn't work in Edge. How can I arrange items on the Favorites Bar in the order I prefer now that I'm using Microsoft Edge as
    my browser more often?

mudclam, Aug 23, 2015
  4. petrosil Win User

Edge Favorites Bar Order

Yes, on the bar you can just drag the icon where you want it, if it's further down--such as under the drop down arrow, then you have to do it from within the Favorites setting.

petrosil, Aug 24, 2015
  5. pmokover Win User
    That method, which works on every other browser I've used, does not seem to work on Edge. Does it work for you? Have you actually done it?

Peter

pmokover, Aug 24, 2015
  6. petrosil Win User
    Yes it works for me and I'm actually doing it right now. I did a clean install of WIn10 a couple of days ago and still setting things up. Moving the icons around in the favorites bar is actually very speedy and smooth.

petrosil, Aug 24, 2015
  7. pmokover Win User
    Interesting. I got a reply to this same question from a Microsoft support engineer on another forum who acknowledged that the ability to drag icons on the Edge Favorites Bar does not yet work.

pmokover, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

Edge Favorites Bar Order

Hi there. It doesn't work and never has. It's quite a simple browser. Not a lot of bells and whistles besides Reading and Web Note modes.

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  9. petrosil Win User
    Here's a video of it working for me--who knows, maybe mine is broke! *Smile

petrosil, Aug 25, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Well, I'll be. Thanks for that, petrosal. I guess your is broke. *Wink

Hmm. There's no setting, correct? I wonder what the hey....

When I try to move mine either on the bar or in the menu I get the diagonally crossed red circle that appears which denotes it can't be moved.

Tony K, Aug 25, 2015
  11. petrosil Win User
    FWIW, I'm not sure I was able to do that when I first did the upgrade. I had so many other problems with Win10 that I had to do a clean install.

Wonder if I'm the only one with the 'broken' fav bar??

petrosil, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    I figured out a way to capture this as seen below. I can understand if the feature is broke it doesn't let me move it, but what stumps me is that it's showing the "cannot-move" circle. So to me it seems it is not a feature.

The only other thing I can think of is different versions. I have version 20.10525.0.0, which is Insider Preview build 10525.

Edge Favorites Bar Order [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 25, 2015
  13. Phone Man Win User

Edge Favorites Bar Order

You have to stay on the Favorites bar when you drag it. If you get high or low you will get the Stop sign.
    Dragging works for me.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 25, 2015
  14. petrosil Win User
    I've got version 20.10240.16384.0

petrosil, Aug 25, 2015
  15. It works well in my Edge ,i can move the icons any place on the bar except as Petrosil mentioned regarding the dropdown

insulator17, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Edge Favorites Bar Order

1. Edge Favorites Bar Order - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites Bar

2. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  3. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  4. favorites bar order

in Browsers and Email
    favorites bar order: I would like to add pages to my favorite bar over time, and have them be at the top of the order so they are visible. I don't want to have to go to the star drop down and find them. is that possible? thanks 21096
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  8. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?: My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites. I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any...
  9. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import ie11 favorites to edge preserve the same order