Windows 10: Edge favorites bar

Discus and support Edge favorites bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jer1, Oct 28, 2019.

1. jer1 Win User

Edge favorites bar

Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it from reverting back?

Thanks for your help.

:)

2. jaswalt Win User

Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my favorites but every time I complete the steps, it takes my favorites and puts them in my favorites bar. I have a whole list of pages on my favorites bar in Firefox that I want to use for my favorites bar on edge. Why is the program turning my favorites from Firefox into my favorites BAR on edge? How do I transfer my favorites from Firefox into favorites on Edge and my favorites BAR in Firefox into my favorites BAR in edge? Thank you in advance for your help.

jaswalt, Oct 28, 2019
  3. graye Win User
    Favorites Bar in Edge

Nothing will show up in the horizontal Favorites BAR until you put something there

There are two steps to make this work:

• Enable the Favorites BAR (which it appears you have already done)
    • Move some favorites into the Favorites BAR

Most people use the horizontal Favorites BAR for just a few of their frequently used favorites... and do not attempt to put their entire collection of favorites there. Instead, the "big" list of favorites remains in the vertical Favorites PANE.

So, open the vertical Favorites PANE the normal way (via the "hub" icon... the 3 little lines), expand the FOLDER called "Favorites Bar", and move a few favorites there via a "drag-n-drop" operation. This is a special folder that mirrors the horizontal
    Favorites BAR. So, anything you put there will show up both in the vertical Favorites PANE and in the horizontal Favorites BAR.

Note: Make sure that you don't accidentally have two folders called "Favorites Bar" in the vertical Favorites PANE. If you have more than one, then you should be using the one at the top of the list.

Edge favorites bar 522d956e-ac04-4c0b-a8f0-705dc82f4691.png

graye, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Edge favorites bar

Edge favorites and favorites bar gone

Hi Kim,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

• Do you have a Favorites folder at [C:\Users\your account name\Favorites] ? Does it contain all of the favorites?

• Did you import the favorites from any browser other than Internet Explorer?
    In order to view the favorites bar, you must turn it on. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Within Microsoft Edge, you will see a button with ellipses on it
    (...) in the top right hand corner. Click this.

2. At the very bottom of the dropdown menu, click "Settings".

3. Near the top of the next page, you will see a section titled "Show the favorites bar" and a switch beneath it. Simply click this switch into the on positon and your favorites bar should immediately appear underneath the search
    bar at the top of Microsoft Edge

To restore your favorites I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.

• Type regedit into the Start Search field.

• Press Enter.

• Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.

• Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.

C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.

• Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
      you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number
      to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

RavindraKamath1709, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Edge favorites bar

1. Edge favorites bar - Similar Threads - Edge favorites bar

2. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  3. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124
  4. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  5. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  6. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  8. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey: I have the Favorites Bar set in the 'ON' position in 'Settings' and it displays a grey bar with this text. 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting (Star Icon), or by importing your favorites.' I have imported my favorites from the previous version of I.E. and can access...