Windows 10: Edge Favorites delay opening

Discus and support Edge Favorites delay opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hum, after some M$ updates my Edge Favorites drop down panel is as slow as Jobs turkey on Thanksgiving eve. I am not happy and will voice my opinion... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dustymars, Nov 21, 2020.

1. dustymars Win User

Edge Favorites delay opening

Hum, after some M$ updates my Edge Favorites drop down panel is as slow as Jobs turkey on Thanksgiving eve. I am not happy and will voice my opinion even though this forum does not like it. Anyone know why it is so slow now?

- - - Updated - - -

Not on my watch. It's where it has been for awhile. WHy the lie?

My slow problem is because I run an old Netscape HTML menu on startup and it makes the favorite panel run slowly. I will correct that vis old school programming.

:)

dustymars, Nov 21, 2020

2. How do I direct EDGE to use my FAVORITE folder?

Hi Ron,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you. We apologize for the delay in response.

As you have the favorites in your documents, I suggest you to add the favorites in Internet Explorer and then import it to Microsoft Edge by following the steps provided below:

• Copy the favorites from your documents and paste it in the following location:
      C:\Users\(Username)\Favorites
    • After the Favorites are copied open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the More (...) icon and select Settings.
    • Click on View favorites setting.
    • Select Internet Explorer and click on Import.
    • After the Favorites are imported, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ron ball Win User

How do I direct EDGE to use my FAVORITE folder?

I sorry to say it did not help. Import favorites still says "couldn't import favorites"

HELP!

ron ball, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge Favorites delay opening - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites delay

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Pinning favorites open in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning favorites open in Edge: I had previously tried the Beta version and discovered that there didn’t seem to be a way of pinning open my favourites panel (NOT bar) and having them stay open when the browser is closed and reopned. I had already had to change from having it on the right with Internet...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...